Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question.
Will the mazda dealer trade the fx if the trade-in value is higher the the MSRP of the RX8?

my fully loaded 2003 fx35 has only 6000km on it.

I hope I can sell it for 45-50k

the rx8 costs 45k.
If the trade-in value is higher then the rx8?
do you think i can get some $$ back and a rx8 by trading the fx35?

thank you

·
Registered
138 Posts
Man, I don't want to be the one to rain on your parade but no one has spoken up yet. I don't know what you paid for your FX35 but I really doubt if you can sell it for $45K. I doubt if you can sell it for $37.5K! I went to the dealership tonight to help my sister-in-law spend some money and saw an FX45 w/premium and 8K miles for $36,999. Best thing to do is sell it on your own and not trade it in though. The RX8 is sweet but have you considered a 2003 G35 coupe? Those are sweeter.

·
Registered
549 Posts
liug:

Are those dollars in Canadian as they are high?

If you are acquiring the RX8 and the FX35 dealer trade-in value is assessed to be higher than the best deal on the RX8, the dealership would give further credit towards the purchase of the RX8.

In financing/leasing, the positive equity (whoever thought there could be any significant $$$ in late model vehicle trades) would be applied to reduce the final purchase price of the RX8. Of course, look at the big picture since the dealership's finance manager would like to tell you that on the wholesale market you have no equity on the FX35 (may very well be true) while not allowing you the best deal you could have obtained on the RX8. Their job is to maximize overall profit per unit not to leave money on the table.

I would go find the best Internet/fleet price on the vehicle you want (cars.com), and then bring-up the trade-in after you have isolated a purchase price on the RX8. Don't let the sales manager state that the whole deal changes as you already have a mutual deal on purchasing a specific RX8. You have now decided to negotiate a trade-in on your FX35. Be ready to walk (you'll get the same or better deal at another dealership that wants your business when you present the figures walking-in). AT the very least, you will have gained knowledge of what a good deal actually is and apply that to acquiring the RX8 you want right after walking out.

You know when you have the best deal when the other party says absolutely "NO." In every negotiation one party "sells" the deal while the other party "buys" the deal. Don't be the one to be "sold" on the price/deal, allow the dealership the opportunity to "buy" what you are offering to pay given all factors.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I think liug lives in Canada that would be why the numbers are higher.

Candian dollars verses American dollars

·
Registered
848 Posts
According to Yahoo's exchange calculator, $45k CAD = $37701 U.S. Current rate $1 CAD = $.8378 U.S.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I did a brief check and looks like a fully loaded RX8 can be had for about $31.5k before (MSRP: $36200 and $1.5K consumer rebate's used.).

I don't know what you have on your FX and hope you're not up-side down.

You can sell your FX yourself but check out your tax benefit to see whether it's worth.

Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
good luck
I just paid 38k for a loaded 2003 FX45 w/14 miles on it
don't think you will get what you want but who knows

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would also consider a EVO MR..just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt get a good deal for my FX...
they give me a quote of 40000k canadian...
that's like 32k in US.

I guess I will keep driving my fx and spend more $$ in the mod to satisfied my need for speed and torque.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Ditto that. Car handles very nice, but you gotta rev it like a sport bike. Now slap a turbo on it, you'll be in for one **** of a ride!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
choppo said:
<twitch>

·
Registered
549 Posts
kcrudup said:
choppo said:
<twitch>
*Twitch, wince* Heavy-sigh...................
But then again, the visual impact of an FX along with the performance and technology still brings smiles after a year and a half for me. Besides Kenny, we're not flippin' these rides for a loss. 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts