Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
I just bought my 2009 FX35 AWD it has 74K miles, and I noticed a humming noise on the paved roads coming out in waves, and also there is some vibration when braking.
After doing quick search, I found out that the wheel bearing is kind of a common issue in both of the FX model 1st and 2nd Gen.
So i did ordered 2 OEM front Hub Assembly, and I did install it myself on both left and right and also I have the rotors cut/resurfaced on both side. Afterward, I didn't notice a significant change, the noise is still there and the vibration as well.
I need to hear for you guys, in case you have any opinions, thoughts, or suggestions!
BTW I didn't rotate the Tires yet ( I am using MICHELIN Latitude 265/60 R18 ), it might be the Tires, front differential, or something else!!
Thank you

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Most likely tires. Check the wear and tear on them... if it's even or not... and how old they are... New tires have a tendency to be much quieter...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I'm having the same problem I've changed both my front bearings, new rotors and pads all around. And new tires. It only hums between 50-55mph with a slight vibration. It is driving me insane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts