Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity has anybody wanted or considered adding a heads up display in your fx? I know a lot of the GM cars, like the vette or most of the pontiacs have it..and it is an option on the BMW's also....

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/concep ... t_top.html

That is the only aftermarket unit I could find... do you know if there are any others?

I would also be interested in finding one that would display the radar settings from the valentine one....

·
Registered
848 Posts
When I got my Grand Prix, I thought this was something that was a bit over the top. But, as I got used to it, I found it very useful. No need to look down to tell your speed, radio channel, turn signal, low fuel, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FromHereToInfiniti said:
When I got my Grand Prix, I thought this was something that was a bit over the top. But, as I got used to it, I found it very useful. No need to look down to tell your speed, radio channel, turn signal, low fuel, etc.
yep, i hear its awesome.... of course an aftermarket one cant do radio... but speed.. yup...

is this something you would put in your fx?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sure, if it could be done for a reasonable price. But, I'm betting it would be more than it's worth, and other perf. mods have priority for me now. :?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Sure, if it could be done for a reasonable price. But, I'm betting it would be more than it's worth, and other perf. mods have priority for me now. :?
its about 300 for the unit... and if you want other readings besides speed its extra :-\

not even sure how to hook it all up... personally all i would really care about is the speed...and i assume it needs to be connected to the speed sensor wire? - of course idk where that is either... lol

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
The price is reasonable but don't you also have to put a band of film across the bottom of the windshield on the inside to reflect the image properly? That sounds pretty permanent and I don't know how obvious-looking it might be. That would turn-off to a mod like this pretty quickly.

·
Registered
848 Posts
You're probably right ShadyJC. I had to replace my windshield once, and was told that there was a special coating for the HUD, which obviously made it cost more :? It's not noticable on the GP, but maybe the entire windshield has it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats true... it probably does :-\... i remember reading about having a special coating on the bmw to prevent ghosting

·
Registered
60 Posts
I thought HUDs caused accidents as people who were slightly tired tended to focus on the display rather than the road, especially at night.

I sometimes find myself looking too much at the nav when driving along my regular routes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
vp911 said:
Just out of curiousity has anybody wanted or considered adding a heads up display in your fx? I know a lot of the GM cars, like the vette or most of the pontiacs have it..and it is an option on the BMW's also....

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/concep ... t_top.html

That is the only aftermarket unit I could find... do you know if there are any others?

I would also be interested in finding one that would display the radar settings from the valentine one....
My Z06 has it.....very slick...

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Cadillac had that six or seven years ago. This is not new.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts