Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
great how to.. I never understood the US setup. (off->auto->parking lights->on). I just leave then off, then when i gets really dark, switch to Auto. I never use the parking lights, or the on setting.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
g35maraj said:
i think i would rather jus keep it how it is jus when my headlights are on they come on, how can i match them with the headlights??
You can just replace the bulbs in there... you can try LED lights or just try to match them up with the 4300K headlights... bulb sizes are in the sticky in the LIGHTING section...

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I had lost track of this thread and forgot to check our FX further. Does any one know if this mod will work on an 09?
Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
DatMan said:
This mod will have the DTRLs on all the time... right now I think the DTRLs come on when the headlights come on... at least that's what my FX does... don't ask me why...

Help please. DTRL mod worked, but tail lights are on as well. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the DRL relay?

I want to see (understand) how this setup works/triggers the DRL.

I would like to buy a DRL module (Hamsar 45020) and try to wire it up so that I can have the DRLs come on at the proper times rather than all the time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My FX is canadian (so stock DTRLs) and they also are always ON. DTRL bulbs are bright/dim, so they will bright when headlights are off, and dim when headlights are on.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
The FX does not have a code protected radio.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys, my friend said his dad's FX45 battery died and they tried to boost it with the red to positive post on the dead battery and black to ground. He said it burnt all his fuses in the panel and also said if your battery dies or gets disconnected it goes into lock out mode and wont start. requires a code from dealership and most towing companies wont tow an FX?

is this true or my friend is making up b s?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
No thats BS. Plenty of us here have had dead batteries. No problems.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
johnmax said:
Plenty of us here have had dead batteries.
And then some... :lol:

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Can somebody post a closer photo or schema how to connect these wires.
See nothing from pics. :/

thx in advance :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stock R said:
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the DRL relay?

I want to see (understand) how this setup works/triggers the DRL.

I would like to buy a DRL module (Hamsar 45020) and try to wire it up so that I can have the DRLs come on at the proper times rather than all the time.

i have a US fx35 and the DTRLs stayed on even when the headlight was switched on.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Yes because you DONT have the DTRL system. You have parking lights. I dont get why people keep calling them DTRLs.

DTRL equpiied FXs have a dual filament bulb that comes on at a certain level all the time, then full brightness when the parking/headlights are on. Yes they are the same bulb location, but the two act differently.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
If I do this mod, there will be no way to turn the dtrl off unless I undo the mod?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Vash610 said:
If I do this mod, there will be no way to turn the dtrl off unless I undo the mod?
I'm pretty sure that's the way it is... it's like it permanently turns on the parking lights when the ignition is on...

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Thanks for the reply. In the directions it said we needed 5 red cables. In the picture it looks like we use about 3 and 2 blue cables?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Nvm got it. Running's post from the first page helped a lot. Exactly what I had to do. The dtrl is working but my halos which is wire to it, isn't working. It works if I turn them on manually but doesn't working with the dtrl mod. Any ideas? Maybe I need a resistor?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts