Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, disconnect the battery.

Follow each picture and the 1 line instruction above it.

When you're all done, remember to connect the battery and you should be good to go!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Nice how to Datman. I've noticed many people asking about this over the last little while.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I just slapped the pictures on... how to was done by Van_FX. All thanks should go to him :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'll accept credit for copying and saving the photos and that's about it!

The thanks should really go to the fx'er (might be an .org member) who actually figured this out and documented it.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
iam just Curios what Guage Wire did you use ? Thanks DatMan

·
Registered
20 Posts
justs a few observation as i did mine with the FX i just pick up from the US last week (great car by the way)

-Don't use to big of a cable, i use 10 gage and it is bending relay easily (the 10 gage have yellow connector)
-don't put the too short, since you have to bend it down to close the cap
-You need to buy 4 female connector to plug in the blue socket and 6 male
- When you remove the blue connector you will find 4 holes 2 of them (the one you send to the blue connector) are not the same size and you may have to trim the connector a bit.

When i had all the material, it took me about 30 minutes to do everything. Very easy ant straight forward with this tutorial

Thank's again for the help!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
RockyFX45 said:
iam just Curios what Guage Wire did you use ? Thanks DatMan
Probably 12 gauge would be the thickest you need. Probably 14 or even 16 is sufficient.

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the valuable information. I am new to the FX forum, and will be importing a FX35 from US to Canada. Thus the need for daytime running lights. I can't believe it is that easy. Infiniti wants 400 green ones to install daytime running lights.
My questions are:
1) All I need are the connectors (would the relay be there in all cars? This would mean I don't have to buy the relay separately?)
2) Where can I buy the connectors?
3) what lights are used as the DRL? Fog lights or HIDs?

Thanks for answering my questions

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CanadianFXer said:
1) All I need are the connectors (would the relay be there in all cars? This would mean I don't have to buy the relay separately?)
Relay should already be there.

CanadianFXer said:
Connectors can be bought at any Radio Shack or if you have an electronics parts store in town, that'll be cheaper... if you don't know how to describe it, print out a picture and take it into the store with you...

CanadianFXer said:
3) what lights are used as the DRL? Fog lights or HIDs?
If you look at your headlights, there's a squarish part closest to the grill. That's the DTRLs. They're fully set, you just need to redo the wiring and they'll work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
DatMan said:
CanadianFXer said:
Connectors can be bought at any Radio Shack or if you have an electronics parts store in town, that'll be cheaper... if you don't know how to describe it, print out a picture and take it into the store with you...
You can also get the connectors at Canadian Tire, if that is more convenient for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks guys. Next will be the ipod connector install. Nice to know there is a FX forum :)

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CanadianFXer said:
Thanks guys. Next will be the ipod connector install. Nice to know there is a FX forum :)
What year is your FX? If it's late 2007 or 2008, then your FX should be pre-wired for the iPods which makes the install MUCH easier...

G

·
0 Posts
DatMan said:
CanadianFXer said:
What year is your FX? If it's late 2007 or 2008, then your FX should be pre-wired for the iPods which makes the install MUCH easier...
It is a 2007, but manufactured late 2006. I pick it up in a week from seattle. Way cheaper than what they cost up here in Canada. If it's pre wired, does it mean I'll have the cable running to the glove compartment? or do I still have to take the HU apart?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Read this post... there's a PDF in the 5th post down that you should read... full walk-thru done by GNR8N_FX:

viewtopic.php?t=17554

Apparently the part #'s he gave work on all pre-wired FXs regardless of what packages they have. I've already ordered the parts and will confirm later next week. Since the summer's coming, I'd suggest that you use his walk-thru to replace your in-cabin air filter. At the same time, you can look to the right of where the glovebox used to be and there should be the pre-wiring stuck to the airhose... just like in GNR8N_FX's pictures... if you see it, then you're prewired. Doing this doesn't require taking out the stereo at all.

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks DatMan. Let me know how your install goes. I'll try it out when I get my car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think one thing needs to be said for this setup:

This enables the DTRL-Light only! not the function what is meant by DTRL.
with this setup the light is always on as soon as you turn your key. and it will always remain on as the relay is switched by the accessory port - not DTRL-Function.

The original Funktion says that the DTRL goes off as soon as one of the other lights is switched on or when the park brake is on. In this case the light will ALWAYS burn.
One Site effect that was not mentioned here: by closing the circuit of the accessory relay, you also ALWAYS have power on 2 of the power outlets.

So this setup works to have the lights always on - but is not a real DTRL mod

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I was looking at our 09 today as I would like to have DTRL's. My electric relay/fuse box is different than the one in the picture. There is an additional one but you have to take off the battery compartment trim and I didn't have time, I'll take it off this week and look. I wonder if the DTRL are built in to our head lamps? After reviewing the mod which someone did a great job with, I can't help but to think instead of running jumper wires there is probably a relay which plugs into that block? The problem with having a new anything is it takes some time for mods, manuals, and after market goodies.
Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok im lost what does this do? does it keep the dtrl on always? or does it turn it off always? do these lights stay on while i have my headlights on?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This mod will have the DTRLs on all the time... right now I think the DTRLs come on when the headlights come on... at least that's what my FX does... don't ask me why...

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think i would rather jus keep it how it is jus when my headlights are on they come on, how can i match them with the headlights??

1 - 20 of 64 Posts