Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one out there have any idea om how to do this... meaning to still have it there but not always counting. i know it sounds stupid .... but it is a pain in the a$$

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh come on theres gotta be someone in here who will know if it is possible to do!! come on dont be shy.

·
Registered
462 Posts
maxum_101 said:
oh come on theres gotta be someone in here who will know if it is possible to do!! come on dont be shy.
Why would you want to turn this off? Does it really bother you that much that the counter is rolling? I dont think you can turn them off.

·
Registered
848 Posts
We were all ignoring this at first because there are no dumb questions, but this comes really close. :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
oh come on theres gotta be someone in here who will know if it is possible to do!! come on dont be shy
My solution is to put a piece of tape over the trip computer buttons and then write "DO NOT TOUCH!" in small printed letters on the tape.
This will prevent the trip computer information from being displayed.

You are exactly correct, this is a design flaw with FX> :roll:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok ok take it easy now peeps.. no need to get all bent out of shape. its just 1 of those things that is a total waste to have if it is not going to work right. 1 should have control over it regardles of what it does i guess im the only 1 in the site that has an issue with this trip counter.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
What is wrong with the trip computer?

·
Registered
361 Posts
maxum_101 said:
ok ok take it easy now peeps.. no need to get all bent out of shape. its just 1 of those things that is a total waste to have if it is not going to work right. 1 should have control over it regardles of what it does i guess im the only 1 in the site that has an issue with this trip counter.
I don't use it either, and for the life of me, 99% of my driving life, have never had a need for it. But, it doesn't really bother me being there. By now, I've just zoned it out. However, *if* there was an option to turn it off, you're not the only one that would do it. Happy 2005 Op! :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty confusified on what anyone would think is "wrong" with the trip odometer. Use it or don't use it. It's like complaining about having a hazard light switch. You rarely use it and it "just takes up space on the console."

.. Here's a question, though .. as you hit "Trip" .. it cycles (not sure about order) from Maintenance / trip 1 / trip 2 / fuel economy / then a blank screen / then back to Maint.

Does everyone else get that blank screen? That indeed is a mild pain to have to click the trip button an extra time to get off a blank/useless screen.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
duncantuna said:
That indeed is a mild pain to have to click the trip button an extra time to get off a blank/useless screen.
Because in irony of ironies, that "blank screen" is for people complaining about "how to turn off the trip computers".

·
Registered
392 Posts
kcrudup said:
duncantuna said:
That indeed is a mild pain to have to click the trip button an extra time to get off a blank/useless screen.
Because in irony of ironies, that "blank screen" is for people complaining about "how to turn off the trip computers".
Now im not sure if hes talking about the one displayed on the Nav screen, or on the dashboard?? Why would you want to turn it off, its not like it interfers with anything or anything,,, i just dont get it,,, i dont see no point to it,,,

·
Registered
286 Posts
kcrudup said:
duncantuna said:
this thread is going down hill real fast as a matter of fact faster than a rolling "O" able to leap tall buildings in a ......... i digress :?
now come there what the heck is wrong with the blank screen, i like it.
think it is a cool relaxing reprieve from all the tech toys :wink:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
fxer - O/T - We STILL haven't seen Your RJC wood dash kit yet, what gives? :?

·
Registered
286 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
fxer - O/T - We STILL haven't seen Your RJC wood dash kit yet, what gives? :?
i took some but they are 2 to 2.5 megabyte each. have no clue how to reduce them for posting LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think he was talking about the trip odo on the the dash, NOT the nav screen. It's just a design flaw that you can't leave it at 0.0 or even better yet, blank. .... I just try to keep one eye on the hot chic sitting next to me and the other on the road :D

-mark

·
Registered
392 Posts
obsidian fx said:
. It's just a design flaw that you can't leave it at 0.0 or even better yet, blank. ....
Does it really bother you that much??

·
Registered
498 Posts
obsidian fx said:
I think he was talking about the trip odo on the the dash, NOT the nav screen. It's just a design flaw that you can't leave it at 0.0 or even better yet, blank. .... I just try to keep one eye on the hot chic sitting next to me and the other on the road :D

-mark
I can't think of one car I have ever owned, german, japanese or italian where you were able to turn off the trip odo on the speedo. Don't think that's a design flaw... more like following best practices/industry standards.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I think it's a great feature. I do quite a bit of long distance driving, and it helps. I use Trip 1 to keep track of the total distance and gas mileage and Trip 2 for between fill ups. It's great info. Just my 2 cents worth. 8)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts