Infiniti FX Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
worked perfectly. Thanks

This is in reference to the little red airbag/seatbelt light -- the one that is in the middle of the gauges between the speedo and the RPMs.

Thanks to Ak1nza and bradical for finding this information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO STOP THE AIRBAG LIGHT FROM BLINKING
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn off ignition switch.
3. After ignition switch is turned off, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times (3 OFF to ON sequences in total)
5. Turn ignition switch to ON.
6. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait for more than 1 second then turn it back ON.

The blinking airbag light should stop.

I had to move my daughter's FX35 away from a tree during a storm and drove it without the seat harness connected which caused the light to blink. It took a couple tries using this procedure but it worked. Thanks for the advice and post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This worked for me on my 2007 Fx35. It took 3 tries as some stated it's following the direction closely. I think people get a little hung up at step 2 in how its worded (no offense):

2. Within 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn off ignition switch.

Possible suggestion:
1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. When Air Bag Warning Lamp comes on WAIT 7 SECONDS, THEN turn ignition switch to OFF.
3. After ignition switch is turned off, wait for more than 3 seconds.

This is what I did to get the warning light to go off.

Here is the OEM full name in case people search light I did: "Supplemental air bag warning light".

Thanks Everyone!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Make sure you beat the airbag light before it blinks, first time I tried I barely hit the blinking light when I turned ignition off, didn’t work. But when I beat the light 3 times in a rod (second try) it worked great. Thank you for the fix. Plus what caused the light to go on and will this fix last awhile.
?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts