Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in reference to the little red airbag/seatbelt light -- the one that is in the middle of the gauges between the speedo and the RPMs.

Thanks to Ak1nza and bradical for finding this information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO STOP THE AIRBAG LIGHT FROM BLINKING
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn off ignition switch.
3. After ignition switch is turned off, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times (3 OFF to ON sequences in total)
5. Turn ignition switch to ON.
6. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait for more than 1 second then turn it back ON.

The blinking airbag light should stop.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
and thanks to fromheretoinfiniti for telling me that he saw this on Fa a long time ago. i wouldnt have found it without him :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Teamwork, everyone gets an assist, gotta love it / .org ! 8)

·
Registered
848 Posts
bradical said:
and thanks to fromheretoinfiniti for telling me that he saw this on Fa a long time ago. i wouldnt have found it without him :D
Happy to help :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem after removing the negative cable from the battery to do an install. I tried the method below and it didn't work but after reading it more carefully I don't think I did it right. One question - how long should the ignition be left ON for step 5 or does it matter? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
intuitionsys said:
I am experiencing the same problem after removing the negative cable from the battery to do an install. I tried the method below and it didn't work but after reading it more carefully I don't think I did it right. One question - how long should the ignition be left ON for step 5 or does it matter? Thanks.
if i remember correctly, you turn it on, and then turn it _right_ off (i.e.. leave it on for about 3/4 of a second but not more than 1 second).

if you count in your head and keep it as close to the number of seconds as possible, it works. i have had to do this 2 or 3 times before to get it to work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow...worked liked a charm on the first try. Thanks!!!

I replaced the in cabin air filter and the airbag warning light came on... you saved me a trip to the dealership.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Guys i tried this but aren't sure if it 'll help i my case. I disconnected my seat-airbags and haven't mounted any other airbag dummy connector yet. Though i might try this first but it doesn't.

What do you think....maybe i just don't get the timing right or will it keep blinking due the the removed airbags.

Note: the keep blinking also while driving..!!

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
yeah if you have bags disconnected it will definitely just come back on after clearing it.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
johnmax said:
yeah if you have bags disconnected it will definitely just come back on after clearing it.
Yup i thought it would be like that...... ordered the dummy's anyway but thought it was worth trying. Thanks John....!!

Ohh and uhhhh almost finished as you'll probably understand from this question ;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
could some please help me? I really don't understand what step 2 means..... it's confusing... can some elaborate it for me word for word? step by step?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Just read it slowly. Its not hard to figure out. Wait for the warning light to be on 7 seconds and turns off, then turn off ignition switch WITHIN ONE SECOND.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First time I did it, the blinking did not stop , but was bliking on a slower pace!! repeated the procedure and so it stopped... Thanks ..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello Guys,

I have this same problem and will take this action to rectify this.

But I have this question, why does the light start blinking at all?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts