Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to make the Track Title stick? I can display the CD track title on the screen, but after adjusting anything, even the volume, it goes away and I have to manually display it again.. any way to make it stick?

-Brett
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
Brett said:
Is there any way to make the Track Title stick?
Yeah, but unless all your CDs have CD-Text, I'm not sure you want to do this.

- While listening to a CD, push the right-side knob 'till it gets to "DISPLAY MODE". Turn that 'till you get to "TRACK TITLE", then push it in to confirm.

The problem (at least on '03 models, maybe they've fixed this bug in subsequent years) is that if you do this and have a CD w/o CD-Text playing, instead of defaulting to track-time display, it sits there stupidly reporting "NO TRACK TITLE".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of my CD's do have CD-Text, and when I select Track Title, it is displayed properly..

The problem, however, is that when I adjust the volume, or skip to the next song, the Track Title goes away (the screen goes back to the track time display), so I have to manually go back and select Track Title again.

-Brett
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
Brett said:
The problem, however, is that when I adjust the volume, or skip to the next song, the Track Title goes away (the screen goes back to the track time display), so I have to manually go back and select Track Title again.
Does this happen even after making the change?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
intuitionsys said:
On my '04 the track title will stay if set but on CDs with no CD Text it just sits there with "No track title" displayed. I would guess the '05s are the same too.
Yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
carsunltd32 said:
how do you put Cd-text on a cd?
I think they do it (enter text on each track) during the "burning" process. Some original CDs come with it but not all. Right guys?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
well 4 of my 6 CD's in my FX are burned and none of them have the track names, artists or anything and I have yet to find an original CD that displays the info.
anyone know how to use CD-text?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
I think you are talking about features found on MP3 CD's. My daughters new car radio plays MP3's and she gets all the information on the display for each song. FX won't play MP3 so I think we're out of luck. The only thing I've ever seen on my display is CD# and Track#. Of course if the FX can display CD info. I bet my kids can figure out how. :lol: 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
OK, curiosity got the better of me. I looked it up in the owners manual. Page 4-28.
"Display CD text:"
To indicate the CD mode text, push the AUDIO knob during CD playing.
BASS>TREBLE>FADE>BALANCE>SSV>Display mode
To change the indicated text in display mode, turn the tuning knob within 10 secconds. The text will change as follows:
In Display Mode: Track Number>Track Title>Disc Title

My note: When you see Disc or Track Title displayed press the knob to set the feature to become the default setting. As someone else in this thread indicated, "if your CD doesn't have track title info. it will display "No Track or Disc Title" None of my store bought CD's have display information.

This is the same method for setting up the display information if you have Satellite. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
CD-Text is a function of your CD burner and your CD burning software. I use Roxio software and when I burn my CD I have to make sure that I have selected CD-Text and I must burn in "Disk at Once" or the text will not show up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
contaygious said:
I use nero and i always type the album and artist name when I burn and it still doesn't show up on the screen.......... :?
Not sure why it is not working. Last time I used Nero was at least a year ago...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
256 Posts
FWIW, if I remember, when I insert a CD I've never listened to in the FX, I check to see if it has text. I don't have any burned CDs - only bought. The only one I've found that has text is a 30th (35th?) anniversary CD of the Stones Let It Bleed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
199 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
OK, curiosity got the better of me. I looked it up in the owners manual. Page 4-28.
"Display CD text:"
To indicate the CD mode text, push the AUDIO knob during CD playing.
BASS>TREBLE>FADE>BALANCE>SSV>Display mode
To change the indicated text in display mode, turn the tuning knob within 10 secconds. The text will change as follows:
In Display Mode: Track Number>Track Title>Disc Title

My note: When you see Disc or Track Title displayed press the knob to set the feature to become the default setting. As someone else in this thread indicated, "if your CD doesn't have track title info. it will display "No Track or Disc Title" None of my store bought CD's have display information.

This is the same method for setting up the display information if you have Satellite. 8)
with reference to your satellite comment at the bottom...i did that for the satellite however everytime i start the car i have to set it back by pressing the right knob once...if i don't press the knob all it shows is the channel number...once i press the knob then channel info, artist and title are displayed....it's really irritating to have to press it everytime i start the car, why can't it stick???...

Regarding the CD text, i never noticed, i hardly use the changer, i'll try it when i get home...
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top