Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to keep mileage or trip on the screen at the same time as the radio? It seems if I put one on then hit the radio volume both stay lit and then the trip or maint whichever I press goes away. Is their anyway to keep this info on screen?

·
Registered
204 Posts
This must be the amber (non-tech) display.

I was totally confused, since I have the color tech screen, which easily allows you to keep the mileage or trip screen with the radio...

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I was totally confused
me too :?

I had to read it 3xs to relize it too

·
Registered
117 Posts
and the answer is no. Had to read it also.

I have the same LCD screen and there is no way since the radio and the milage use the same LCD panel. the letters would be on top of each other

·
Registered
411 Posts
Maybe the non-tech screens have changed from 03/04 to 05, because on my screen, the display areas for radio, trip computer, and climate all occupy different areas. The climate stuff stays on so long as it's turned on. But it seems that radio and trip computer are mutually exclusive. I guess it's time to RTFM. I think I have it handy. If I find anything, I'll post it here.

Matthew

·
Registered
117 Posts
My bad I should have specified. The climate controls are seperate at the bottom of the LCD. I was talking about the Radio and the CFX info share mutal LCD writing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry...yes non-tech screen and yes in my 05 each area is exclusive..it is possible to have AC, radio and trip or maint on the screen at teh same time..but after 5 seconds either the trip or radio area goes away depending on what you originally pushed.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I am 04 non-tech and this frustrates me to no end... don't see a way it can be done (to keep it on).

I suspect that the non-tech trip computer is not made to dynamically update so when you push the button it gives you a snapshot of what is going on at that moment in time.

·
Registered
411 Posts
ShadyJC said:
I am 04 non-tech and this frustrates me to no end... don't see a way it can be done (to keep it on).

I suspect that the non-tech trip computer is not made to dynamically update so when you push the button it gives you a snapshot of what is going on at that moment in time.
Not entirely. If you turn off the radio, the trip computer will stay on. Fuel mileage screen (most useful, IMHO) updates every 30 seconds.

There's got to be a way to get everything to stay on. I have the manual in PDF format, and I'll be working a 12 hour weekend shift tomorrow, so I'll give it a look-see.

Matthew

·
Registered
680 Posts
Bumping an old thread...

Anyone get anywhere for the NON tech LCD orange screens???
Would love to get both the radio details and the fuel on at the same time..pains me to keep pressing the button...

(in the voice of a Soap Opra narator!!)
Was there anything in the PDF?
Did bigMatt read all the PDF on his 12 hour shift
Will 05Thirtee5 ever get the answer to his original question!!!

Tune in soon

(sorry in a sarcastic :fadein: mood this morning :D :p

But anyone know anything new?? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.