Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer did wheel aligment few times and car is going straight but steering is off center. Is this someting I can do in my garage or I need to bring it back to dealer? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My FX35 came with the Steering Wheel aligned off center that was fixed at my 3750 service. Dealer said the problem was an alignment issue and did a 4-Wheel alignment to correct it.

I assume since you mentioned it "now" going straight that it didn't use to? Was the steering wheel centered before they did the alignment? In ANY event after an alignment servie of any kind the steering wheel should be centered - I'd return it to the dealer.

See: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1826

·
Registered
282 Posts
mine is ever so slightly off centre also.
Going in Monday for change to Full Synthetic oil at 1,000miles. Service said they will fix steering centre then.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, here is what the dealer did.

1. right after they replaced the steering wheel with the new one, I found out it was off center. I brought it back and they claimed they fixed it. Not really. Instead of 11 o'clock, now it's pointing 1 o'clock.

2. They had to do alignment and it was fixed.

3. Noticed car was pulling right and dealer did alignment. They said it was quite off. Don't remember numbers.

4. Car is going straight but steering is off to the left.

I love its quick steering but boy, isn't it picky or what. :x

I may take it to a local alignment specialty shop.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Have them provide you with the alignment results they dialed in (i.e camber, caster, toe in) so you can evaluate how well of a job they did. If the numbers are unbalanced, then it's the alignment. If the alignment numbers are good, then the steering wheel itself is mounted wrong.

See http://www.quadesl.com/miata_alignment.shtml for a good explanation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.