Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello proud Fx'ers 8) .. finally I decided to install 2 subs ,, the questions are as follow :roll: ..
I used the search button but couldn't find all the info I want...

1.How do I add an amplifier in order to install 2 subs ?

2. Do I need the PAC AAI 2 ? If no is there a way to install without PAC?

3. If there are any pics that illustrate the install procedure?

P.S. I want to use the OEM Bose HeadUnit
thanks in advance :D

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
You will need to run a power cable from the battery. You can tap a pair of RCA cables into the subwoofer input signal at the sub harness, and get your turn on signal there too. Then just add your ground cable (grounding to a bolt or bare metal surface) and youre in business.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow johnmax ..I never thought its this easy :eek: .. so no PAC and no headaches :p ? .. just power cable and existing wires :D ..nice thx for the help..

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Just to clarify, the Bose system is already using an amp that's located in the trunk area to drive the 8 speakers and a sub woofer located in the middle of your spare tire. So to install additional amp and subs, all you need to do is tap into the wires that goes into the oem amp. And of course the additional power you'll need from the battery.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Yes you get your signal and amp turn on at the sub amp plug, which is in your spare tire.

Colors are (from my 03 manual, your year should be the same):
Sub audio +:White
Sub audio -:Black
Amp turn on:pink

Just take your RCA audio cable, cut one end of the pair off, and wire the center conductor of both to the white, and the outer shield to the black. That will give you your signal input. Use the pink for your amp's turn on, then just add your power and ground and enjoy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Amp Wiring

If you remove the spare tire cover, spare tire, and the passenger side plastic panel, you will see the factory bose amplifier. There are two obvious groups of wires coming to the amp. One set is twisted, and these are the speaker wires. The other set consists of pairs that are grouped in twos, and these are balanced signal cables. A few PAC isolation transformers and some soldering and you can easily add amps for not only a subwoofer, but also door speakers.
-Paul
http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 427jh0.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
help fast please Im in middle of install

I did the install last night and get a high pitch error tone out of my rear speakers when I have the rca cables connected to my aftermarket amp... then I unplugg them and the sound system works normal ...

I used a sound cable that has a white and a red plugg. I stripped both and inside there is a ring of cable surrounding isolation with another strand of cables inside. I connected the inner strand of both to the white signal cable going to the amp. Then I connected the outside strands together and connected them to the black cable (thinner one)

Whats wrong with this??

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
You should connect the inner core of the RCA cables to the thin white wire at the sub harness, and the outer shields to the thin black. Perhaps you have the inner and outer wires touching somewhere.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
i just got a converter for the RCA wires to tap into the stock harness as a single-pair. cost me about $10-15 tho. Its a small box which has adjustments for signal intensity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will need to run a power cable from the battery. You can tap a pair of RCA cables into the subwoofer input signal at the sub harness, and get your turn on signal there too. Then just add your ground cable (grounding to a bolt or bare metal surface) and youre in business.
Where is the rca output

1 - 10 of 10 Posts