Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ended up getting a pretty gnarly dent above the rear left wheel well, it's pretty much perpendicular to the trunk. I looked at the trunk (2007 fx35) and theres a ton of crap back there as far as plastic and felt, so on. I'm not sure if there is a dual layer of metal also before the outer exterior metal.

What do you guys think would be the easiest way to access behind this dent to pop it outward? I tried pulling it out but no success. I attached some photos. I think the only way to pop it would be from behind the dent. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can think of 5 possible ways to remove that dent. First is to use a glue gun dent puller. They are available on-line. The second is the get a suction cup dent puller from a place like Harbor Freight. The 3rd is to remove the tail light and try anything that doesn't have any sharp edges to try to wiggle the dent out from the inside. The best way is to find some "paintless dent repair" tools or someone that does paintless dent repair. The 4th way is to find someone with a mig welder to weld some "pins" to the dent and then you can use vice grips to pull the dent out. Then you have to cut/grind the pins off and repaint the fender. The 5th way is screw a slide hammer dent puller into the metal and then you have body filler and a ton of sanding. Good luck. Body work takes a lot of patience, skill, and the right tools.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts