Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tools needed: 1) needle nose pliers, 2) phillips screwdriver, 3) fingernails.

1. Start by pulling down the leather sleeve that is around the shifter.
2. Remove the metal clip and lift off the shifter handle.[attachment=2:2fjdplyi]IMG00129.jpg[/attachment:2fjdplyi]

3. Using your fingernails, pull the front panel of the storage compartment towards the front of the vehicle, then remove.[attachment=1:2fjdplyi]IMG00131.jpg[/attachment:2fjdplyi]

4. Slightly lift the back end of the shifter panel to release the two rear retaining clips. Next, pull up on the middle and front of each side of the shifter panel to release the other four retaining clips. WARNING, do not pull up on the leather sleeve.[attachment=0:2fjdplyi]IMG00132.jpg[/attachment:2fjdplyi]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: How To: 09FX Shifter panel/ashtray/center counsel removal

This picture shows the retaining clips on the shifter panel[attachment=2:12pnkk8t]IMG00136.jpg[/attachment:12pnkk8t]

5. Use your fingers to pull off the ashtray. There are four retaining clips, two on the left and two on the right; none on the top or bottom.[attachment=1:12pnkk8t]IMG00138.jpg[/attachment:12pnkk8t]

6. Remove the two phillips screws located at the bottom of the AC/Radio unit, the panel will now come off.[attachment=0:12pnkk8t]IMG00142.jpg[/attachment:12pnkk8t]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

7. Remove the two phillips screws located below the Infiniti Controller to remove unit.[attachment=1:dp971gyz]IMG00144.jpg[/attachment:dp971gyz]

I didn't do any fancy mods; just hardwired a radar detector to the cigarette lighter and placed the remote mute button in a convenient location.[attachment=0:dp971gyz]IMG00145.jpg[/attachment:dp971gyz]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts

Nice work! Moving this to the HOW-TO Section... :)

·
Registered
822 Posts

*sigh* I still have to remove the console on my 07. I have close to $10 (**** toonies and loonies) in change that has slipped out of the ashtray and under the console.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts

GiggityGiggity said:
*sigh* I still have to remove the console on my 07.
If you wanna rip her open sometime, let me know... I'll help ya out just for kicks... :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is it that easy? Wow. thanks for the detailed how to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Super...

I have cracking noise coming from the center panel where the switches are for the seat heaters. It's a brand new car, and it's really getting on my nerves so I will have to take the center console apart and take a look at whats causing it. Anybody has this problem?

Vladimir

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, this this exactly how I did it to to unlock my DVD player while driving.

After the nicely presented pictures, remove the screen and you'll see around 20 small wires with all different colors.

I cut the yellow wire to unlock my DVD player.

To know which one, I put it in drive and tried to deviate the power of each cable until the dvd didn't lock while driving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: How To: 09FX Shifter panel/ashtray/center console remova

fx50sdubai said:
Yes, this this exactly how I did it to to unlock my DVD player while driving.

After the nicely presented pictures, remove the screen and you'll see around 20 small wires with all different colors.

I cut the yellow wire to unlock my DVD player.

To know which one, I put it in drive and tried to deviate the power of each cable until the dvd didn't lock while driving.
Excellent. I will try this on my 2010 FX50. This will also help me troube shoot the iPod USB connect. It's not seeing my iPhone 4s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts