Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you think I can get the accordian piece from a stock G35 intake for? I put up a WTB add on the G35 sites. DOn't want to get ripped off.

I purchased a Z tube for 50 bucks :D
Once my engine is broken in the Z tube and pop charge goes in 8)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I think you can use your existing accordian tube and cut it to size to fit your Z tube.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
ujmot said:
I think you can use your existing accordian tube and cut it to size to fit your Z tube.

Yes, you can; just be aware that the FX's tube is all one piece, including the accordian section, so this willl require cutting it and destroying your stock tube. No big deal, as you likely won't ever use it again. The only reason I went with the piece from the G was to make sure it would all work without destroying my stock tube if it didn't. If you would like to use the G part anyway, I would post on the G forum and see if anyone there with an aftermarket intake will sell you theirs. I got mine that way and someone was generous enough to send it to me free of charge. Got my Z tube for $20 that way as well.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys

A guy on g35driver is willing to sell me the accordian piece for 10 bucks shipped. So if I don't need the g piece all I need to do is cut my original accordian piece to fit with the Z tube?
If I do decide to use the g tubing I would need to get some 3" diamter pipe to connect the Z tube to my pop charger right?

Do you guys have any pics or is it pretty easy to figure out?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Check out SweetFX's post (2nd to bottom on this forum) on her Stillen box + Z tube install. It's basically the same thing except Stillen is a box instead of just a heat shield like the Pop charger.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Best way to couple the pieces is take them to a muffler shop and have them cut and stretch a short piece of aluminized tubing. I found a littel shop out in BFE and the guy did it free of charge after I showed him my ride and what I was up to.

Also, stop by Home Depot and get some nice ring clamps and ditch the cheezy wire ones.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean by "stretch" the piping...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Best way to couple the pieces is take them to a muffler shop and have them cut and stretch a short piece of aluminized tubing. I found a littel shop out in BFE and the guy did it free of charge after I showed him my ride and what I was up to.

Also, stop by Home Depot and get some nice ring clamps and ditch the cheezy wire ones.
a pic is worth one thousand words, MustGo.....

enlighten me (us)?

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
esemes said:
MustGoFastR said:

a pic is worth one thousand words, MustGo.....

enlighten me (us)?
yea.. could you show a picture of "aluminized tube"?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I'd have to take my intake all apart to show it, but Aluminized tubing is standard corrosion resistant exhaust tubing. The guy didn't have any lying around that was the right diameter to fit snugly inside the end of the Z tube and G35 acordian piece to mate them, so he used a machine ("sledge") used to stretch exhuast tubing to a wider diameter (used to make the end of one section of rubing a receptacle for the end of another section to mate them together) so it would fit just right. The piece I have in there is maybe onlt teo inches long; just enough to mate the Z tube and accordian piece, then clamp it together. Works great and the tubing fits very flush inside the tubes and doesn't decrease the inside diameter or hinder airflow at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts