Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am about to make a couple of visits to the dealers today, and hopefully make a final decision/purchase. I was planning on getting an '05 FX35, but with the availablity of '04 FX45s, I got thinking again.

Here's the deal: IFS is offering .00086 (WOW) money factor. Which makes the new '05 deals seem really stupid.

Anyways, the question now is: How much would you pay for an '04 at this time of the year? I know its been almost 6 months since '05s came out, plus the 1 year depreciation of the '04s. The MSRP is about $52.5K and invoice about 47.5k. Considering the $2000 rebate/incentive, thats about 45.5k (off invoice). How much lower should I go from here?

Honestly, I think the dealers reaaaally want to get rid of 'em, and I could take advantage of it. Please help me out here!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm in the same boat right now... Was gonna just settle for an 05 FX35 AWD, but thinking about trying to push things and get a super deal on one of the leftover 04 FX45s. What's your source for the $2000 rebate/incentive?

Matthew

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigMatt said:
I'm in the same boat right now... Was gonna just settle for an 05 FX35 AWD, but thinking about trying to push things and get a super deal on one of the leftover 04 FX45s. What's your source for the $2000 rebate/incentive?

Matthew
It's been running around the forums (Edmunds/etc..).

There is a confusion about $2k incentive and that it doesn't apply for leases, only purchases. But, I talked to a dealer yesterday, and the lady there said I could use the $2000 incentive. Hope to clear this out soon.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Invoice - 2K sounds Great, I'm Sure they Don't want to carry '04's into March! ...what the heck, try for 3K off! :shock: And some throw-in Freebies too.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
bigmatt,

definately check out the leftovers and see what you can get on a deal. i got a brand new off the truck 05 45 at about 400 over invoice. also look to see if there are other incentives around presidents day like the 2.9% finance i got (obviously this is a bit different with a lease, but there will still be a drop).

i would think that getting a leftover under invoice would be easy.

if you are more into the pure performance aspect, definately go for the 45. i had a 35 for over a year and 4 months and i upgraded to a 45 last month and i cant be happier.

note, that if you are planning to go performance MOD heavy, then stick to the 35.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I paid invoice for 04 FX45 in November with 2.9% financing. Since you are buying a vehicle that is a year old now, I say take that $2k rebate plus another $2k off and that should be a good deal (or at least 0% or 1.9% financing for up to 60 months).
Kris

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
bradical said:
if you are more into the pure performance aspect, definately go for the 45. i had a 35 for over a year and 4 months and i upgraded to a 45 last month and i cant be happier.
Oh, Shut-Up! :eek: :( :lol: I hate it when He's Right!

·
Registered
56 Posts
We got our 04 FX 45 on Dec 31st for envoice. (I believe 5k off) If you get yours at least 2k below invoice I would be incredibly happy. Ours was still all wrapped up from shipping and had 17 miles on it. So I felt I was getting a pretty good deal. Plus there are only a few minor changes between the 04's and the '05's.

If you get the '04 in graphite leather Please inspect your seats for bubbling before you leave the lot and have them make note of it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You would lease a 1.5yr old FX45, what is the residual ?

When we were looking a few weeks ago the FX45's we found some Silver/graphite were $45k (52K Msrp). No other colors were available at least in NY/NJ

Is the 2K rebate along with the 1.9% or 2.9% APR loans or either or

·
Registered
748 Posts
vishpool said:
Anyone know if $2k rebate/incentive is valid for a lease too? I keep getting mixed answers.
They can not do the $2k rebate with a lease. That does not mean you can't get a lease for below invoice though. For my lease I started at $2K below invoice (citing the rebate) and they started at invoice. We met in the middle at $1000 below invoice. Certainly $3K+ below invoice for a buy right now given the info on this forum. This is a great community. I wish I found it BEFORE i bought my fx. With all that being said, I was happy with the deal I got for my lease. It's certainly possible that you can do better. Pick a deal you are comfortable with and go for it. I think we have been mulling over this topic (or related topics) for about two weeks now. It is more satisfying driving your FX then debating over lease figures. Pull the trigger and never look back.
-NJJ

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was quoted $46K today for a 2004 FX45 with Touring and Technology package, cargo cover and splash guards.

Didn't seem like all that great of a deal, does it?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Teledatageek said:
I was quoted $46K today for a 2004 FX45 with Touring and Technology package, cargo cover and splash guards.

Didn't seem like all that great of a deal, does it?
Nope, not at all. FX45s with similar equipment were selling for this much last year. Tell them to shove it and find ourself a better dealer!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well, I'm negotiating on a leftover 2004 FX45. I'll keep everyone updated. Thing is, the FX has 800 miles on it. So I told the salesperson it's used. His response was that it's not technically used. I said it's not technically new, either. Gonna try and use that for as much leverage as I can.

I still can't find any reference anywhere to the $2000 rebate. Looked on KBB, looked on Edmunds... Could someone that says it exists please provide me with a real link to the info?

That said, when I told the salesperson about it, he didn't flinch.

Like I said, I'll keep everyone updated on this.

Matthew

·
Registered
748 Posts
BigMatt said:
I still can't find any reference anywhere to the $2000 rebate. Looked on KBB, looked on Edmunds... Could someone that says it exists please provide me with a real link to the info?

Matthew
I was told about the rebate by two different dealerships. Flemington (NJ) and Willow Grove (PA). Sales reps are Alan Cohen and Ron Silverman respectively. Both said rebate was available on a buy and not on a lease. Shouldn't make a difference but that was in January. If anything the rebate should be more now.

-NJJ

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stopped by Nationwide Infiniti in MD. What a waste of time and a bunch of jerks!

I didn't want to be too pushy, so we started off with a test drive. Everything looked fine, except it had 250+ miles on it. I was told that this was a brand new car, and not a demo, on the phone. The car looked like crap, carpet all dark and dirty -- looked almost like a used car. The sales lady "promised" that the car would look a looot better with just a little detailing.

Grrrr, then it all begins.

We stepped inside the showroom and start talking about #s. Like I said, I didn't want to be pushy or anything, so I let them take their time to get a good number. They started off at 51k (MSRP ~54K). What a joke!

So, I offered them about 45k (about 4k below invoice). They said thats impossible, and that they depend on their profit to provide extended hours/service/blah/blah/blah... I kept saying its a '04, and why are they tring to make money on it, at this time of the year, instead of getting rid of them.

Like I said before, I figured the 2k dealer cash would be applicable (which won't be - the manager showed me a lease program that said .00086 IFS money factor isn't applicable with the incentive) plus a 2k more for the 1-1/2 year's worth of depreciation would be a nice start.

At the very end, I told them that a 'friend' (from edmund's forums) bought a '04 FX45 (-dvd system) for 46.7k, back in november. And, that I wasn't going to pay more than that, considering that was 3 months ago. But, they kept smart talking with me and I couldn't stand it and left. They didn't even bother to offer me a lower price/offer than their 1k-over invoice price. No wonder this is the ONLY dealer with 4 '04s left in Wash DC area.

Hope you guys have better luck with '04 deals.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know what the dealers are thinking. I still get offerst for $240 over invoice for a NEW leftover '04 FX45.

Honestly, how much would you pay for an '04 FX45?

I know there is a $2000 dealer cash, but only applicable for a purchase (this is the truth, the manager showed me the lease program). Considering that I want to lease one, how should I go about it. How much, below invoice, should I ask for? What should I tell them, so to convince them that a price at invoice is not fair?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I HAVE A 2003 FX45 BLACK BRICK WITH TECH 39,995 ANY ONE INTERESTED. MY EMAIL [email protected] :)7000 MILES

·
Registered
206 Posts
PS ONLY 7000 MILES. :wink:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.