Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
well, your gonna have to extend the tips, and the piping as well. Any qualified muffler shop can do this.

·
Registered
882 Posts
its ok...personally i don't like Borla. For that price you have many other options.
I really wanted to get the Greddy but couldn't afford it. The injen SES stright tip exhaust is also in that price range and looks good too.

Nismo is a bit pricier but all in all they all produce the same gains.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I added the full Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust last weekend and I can say that I'm truly happy with it. It sounds awesome to my ears and I can not detect any power loss but to the contrary I feel a little extra. It is a single 3" (the Y-pipe has a cross section) and will be even a better match if I add a s/c’er later on. The other mufflers I checked were too loud and I already got bitten once when I went with NISMO before so I've done my research since and found the Legalis R to be a great match to what I'm looking for. The Fuji is not much louder than stock but has a more throaty tone and is lighter and seems to be of high quality. The only negative is the stainless tips as I find them too big (4.75" diameter) so I'm replacing those with smaller 3-times platted chrome tips next week. Other than the tips needing to be extended the install was a perfect fit.

Edit:
For what it is worth, the Borla is made of many pieces and it might become a challenge to try to iron out all the leaks and rattles that could result due to this.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
IssaFX said:
I added the full Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust last weekend and I can say that I'm truly happy with it. It sounds awesome to my ears and I can not detect any power loss but to the contrary I feel a little extra. It is a single 3" (the Y-pipe has a cross section) and will be even a better match if I add a s/c’er later on. The other mufflers I checked were too loud and I already got bitten once when I went with NISMO before so I've done my research since and found the Legalis R to be a great match to what I'm looking for. The Fuji is not much louder than stock but has a more throaty tone and is lighter and seems to be of high quality. The only negative is the stainless tips as I find them too big (4.75" diameter) so I'm replacing those with smaller 3-times platted chrome tips next week. Other than the tips needing to be extended the install was a perfect fit.

Edit:
For what it is worth, the Borla is made of many pieces and it might become a challenge to try to iron out all the leaks and rattles that could result due to this.
Pics?
How much did you get it for and where? Don't you have to buy their Y-pipe separately from the exhaust also?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
:roll: Allrighty Rocket Boy, You've just added THAT to your "Y" pipe Now - and a half-dozen other Int./Ext./Perf. Mods. in the past few months. :D Isn't it time you start sharing some Pics. with us 8) After all, sounds like you're in the 14.9 club :p ...We want to see how Fast 'n Pretty you are. :oops:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Only had the mid-pipe and muffler added since I already had the Y-Pipe. Worked with [email protected]

It is about the same as the NISMO but tuned for lower tone and both are made by Fuji corp., which is the biggest manufacturer of performance exhausts for the FM platform. The main difference is in the muffler itself but both are free flowing.

Many of the other exhausts I've seen dyno'ed on My350Z show a loss of power at the lower rpms and gain at the top-end while being usually lighter than stock but sometimes also heavier as with the Stillen. With the NISMO/Fuji there was no loss of power or at least very minimum but there was gain while also being lighter than stock and it is one of the best sounding.

Sorry, no pic's yet.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Nice work,if I owned a 35, I would have headed off in a similar direction.You have built mid and top end.

PS.I was playing with a 1 or 2 year old M3 on the twisties and we stayed glued together...both surprised then we split as we headed for home...time for those springs!

·
Registered
882 Posts
springs for the the spring time

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am just wondering what I am going to get. My Year end work bonus is coming up and I want to buy myself a X-mas gift. I was thinking maybe the exhaust. I had another thread on the HKS blower also. I guess you can say that I am stuck in Limbo :lol:

·
Registered
566 Posts
An after market exhaust isn't the best bang for the buck with regards to performance for N/A. The stock exhaust sounds good but can be made to sound different/louder with cats or/and headers if that is the desire while providing decent gains (at least as much as an exhaust with either alone). After market cats aren't a perfect fit but with slightly denting-in the offending part of the under body, the bang for the buck when also adding a Y-pipe is better than replacing the full cat-back exhaust.

Also, there are other worthy mods to consider for go fast (Plenum, Pulley, z-tube, intake, spacers, stb...).

Update:
After few miles of burning in, the smoothness of the VQ is much more apparent with this Fuji. New tips and all is well (went with the #259-047 which is 2.25" * 4").

1 - 13 of 13 Posts