Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the oem hitch installed on my 04 FX Now that I am turning it back in, I was thinking about un-installing the hitch and selling it. How difficult would the uninstall be? The dealer installed it so I am not familiar with the process. I assume the cost of having it uninstalled would be exceeed the benefit. Also shipping would be tough, any suggestions? I couldnt find any on ebay for comparison.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Welcome to the Org (now that you are getting rid of your FX :? ).

I don't think it would be worth it to remove it and try to sell it, and the shipping to whoever buys it would be a lot. I say let it go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Plus don't forget that the black panel under the bumper was trimmed to fit the hitch along with removal of a support bracket that now has nothing to reattach to at one end. Also there are several things discarded or reinstalled differently in the process. If the folks who installed it gave all this back to you then that's not an issue. From recent memory, I recall that a trim panel on the left side was discarded along with a support bracket for the emission canister and two muffler hangers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts