Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
particlefx said:
For once I wish I lived further from work. At about 7 miles one way, I just don't get enough driving time in the FX. :cry:
Heh, at least you get to drive her everyday!!! Mine sits in the driveway or garage all week till the wknd. If I were to drive to work, parking alone will cost me $450/month.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
particlefx said:
For once I wish I lived further from work. At about 7 miles one way, I just don't get enough driving time in the FX. :cry:
How about 80 miles one way? :D I enjoy her every single day.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
If I lived/worked in NYC I'd never drive my own car either. Not just because of the cost, but because every car I saw on the street when I lived there had dings in the doors and dents in the bumpers. Besides, the subway is soooo convenient - unlike San Francisco which dumps you in the middle of the city and then leaves you having to take taxis and buses everywhere from there.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
particlefx said:
80 miles? Yikes! Hope you have a reverse commute and don't have to start early in the morning. A friend of mine in Pleasanton leaves about 5AM to miss the traffic when he drives to San Jose each day via 680.
I leave home at about 6am and 880 is still ok. If I leave at 7am it's already packed. BTW my office is in Salinas :wink:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
particlefx said:
had dings in the doors and dents in the bumpers
More like paint falling off the bumpers. It's brutal.

·
Registered
882 Posts
211 in three days...can't stop driving this car

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
8900 and counting

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I was all set to post this ... you know where

The thing that's most ironic is this week, a couple of milestones in Kenny FX History would have been met- my 1,000'th FA post, and yesterday at 10:37am, FX45 #003140 crossed 10,000 miles, and at 8:31 that same night, I personally put 10K of my own driving miles on my car.

I bought it on November 8th, 2003. By the time I'd turned it to 10Kmi, I'd put 247Hrs, 37Mins of engine time on (I reset the "A" Trip computer when I took posession). I've saved every gas reciept since I got it- I haven't added 'em all up yet, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was $1300 spent to date. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
esemes said:
Ak1nza said:
I've had my FX for a year and 2 weeks now!

21K miles and counting. :p
wha???

:roll:
Just turned 15K today and only own her for 5.5 months. I will catch Ak1nza up pretty soon :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Re: I was all set to post this ... you know where

kcrudup said:
The thing that's most ironic is this week, a couple of milestones in Kenny FX History would have been met- my 1,000'th FA post, and yesterday at 10:37am, FX45 #003140 crossed 10,000 miles, and at 8:31 that same night, I personally put 10K miles on my car.

I bought it on November 8th, 2003- it was 247Hrs, 37Mins of engine time at that point (I reset the "A" Trip computer when I took posession). I've saved every gas reciept since I got it- I haven't added 'em all up yet, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was $1300 spent to date. Stay tuned.

congrats on the deca-milesotnes!!

Kenny-- how do you decipher the VIN??

i remember a post about the whole infiniti coding, but cannot find it now.. (maybe the thread was deleted??lol)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

esemes said:
Kenny-- how do you decipher the VIN?
SEARCH THE **** ARCHI- whoops! Sorry- I have a macro key all set up to say that. Guess I can delete it now. :)

No, seriously- there's a decoder on the NICO(?) forum, but it's not complete for the FX. But, I do believe that the absolute serial number of the car (no matter what the build options are, etc.) is always the last 6 digits, and is unique along product lines.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

Kenny-- how do you decipher the VIN??[/
Click here

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

e39ng said:
Kenny-- how do you decipher the VIN??
Click here
Ah, that's the site I was trying to remember, but it's pretty useless for the FX. F'rinstance, decoding my FX45Tech's VIN using that would have you think I've got either a KA24DE or SR20DE (i.e., 4-banger) engine.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
KA24DE + SR20DE = V8 :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
2 weeks

550 miles

21 - 40 of 42 Posts