8 of Z5
approx. 3 of Z2/Z5 mixture
Z6 in between each coat

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
18 for me

Defintly used more z2 than z5.

I just started my second started kit in 6 months.
I had enough z5 to do a couple more layers but was out of zfx.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Since my recent epic 4 day affair, I have about 10 coats on (I had 6-8 coats before I stripped it all and started over with a good pilish out) and add one coat every six weeks on average.

·
Registered
35 Posts
6 coats on my 2 month old FX. The last 2 were a 50/50 Z2 and Z5 mix at finsfx' sugggestion. A truly great idea for anyone with Black.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
8 coats since Nov...

I need to take some days off work and spend some QT w/ the FX ;)

·
Registered
706 Posts
zero,nada,zip,

·
Registered
185 Posts
2 Z5 and 2 Z2 with Z6 between coats. I'm just a virgin. But then the car is only 4 weeks old. I guess I need to try the 50/50 mix of Z5 and Z2 since my car is black.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just started

I claybarred and have 2 coats of z2 and 2 of z6. I want to do 2 more but I haven't found time to do the interior and glass. Maybe on the 3 day weekend. I need to get some z7 wash and some Stoner's...

Whoever suggested the California Duster, it's great. I dust every few days and it looks 95% as good as the day I waxed it. I haven't driven in the rain yet though.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
9 :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
FXcellent , since zymol is your pref. - do you get white wax build up? / ...and have you seen/heard about that WAXING FRENZY product?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do you guys notice a difference after x number of coats? I've got 4 z2 and z6 on mine, think there's a noticeable difference after that?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have about 6 or 7 and I can't really tell if it's better than the previous coat. Makes me feel better though!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Look how many of us first came here using other products, now where sniffing ZAINO too! ...and loving it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hey, I always used Zaino! I have never used anything else. :oops:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
* This post was re-Updated Oct. 10th. ~ Now 4 coats of mostly Z2/zfx on both our PINODY & CHEETAH, with Z6 in between and after. Just tried a Z2/5-zfx combo twice on the FX, interesting thickening properties in Z5. Gotta get ready for winter, i've come a long way and learned alot. This site & you folks are very helpful, thank you. http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... 39&start=0

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Re: Just started

Jeffhay said:
I claybarred and have 2 coats of z2 and 2 of z6. I want to do 2 more but I haven't found time to do the interior and glass. Maybe on the 3 day weekend. I need to get some z7 wash and some Stoner's...

Whoever suggested the California Duster, it's great. I dust every few days and it looks 95% as good as the day I waxed it. I haven't driven in the rain yet though.
Loved your Update on Zaino's durability Jeffhay, Thanks. http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1050

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did the Dawn wash, clay bar, z-7, z-5, z-6, z-2, z-6, z-16 on 2 cars all day Sat. Wow! I'm addicted now!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I think I have at least 25 now. :D

I finished one starter kit and halfway thru the 2 kit.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I think I have at least 25 now. :D

I finished one starter kit and halfway thru the 2 kit.
:shock:

It takes me a good 2hrs just to wash & dry the car... you've got some skills (and alot of free time?)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts