Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brakes and tires have been replaced. The brakes were done by myself. Tires done at Good Year. Ordered them from the tirerack for $180 each. Good price for a 20". :) Infiniti sell them for $300 a piece. :shock:

·
Registered
325 Posts
51K now and counting.... :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I was by myself with the high miles. Happy to have a few up there with me. I guess I shouldn't feel like a senior citizen. :lol:

·
Registered
443 Posts
can someone post a procedure for changing the brake pad?

·
Registered
13 Posts
miles

Have 33,400 on the 03'
Tires have about 10-15 k left on them but am replacing them with new falken stz-04's and as for the brakes I took it in recently due to the Judder problem SWEET FX mentioned in her thread and the dealer said the front rotors were gone and that the rear needed turning and pads? I got them to cover the front under warranty but I bought 4 new slotted rotora rotors from SHADYJC and new ceramic pads. Will have all installed this weekend. WIll take off the new front and old rear and put up for sale.
No other issues though....

·
Registered
662 Posts
Bought mine March of '04 and now it has about 32K. Still original brakes but will need new rotors soon.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
25K and just replaced tires last week. Nitto 420s. 180 a piece at Discount Tire.

Just changed the pads this past weekend. Backs looked good still, but I had the pads so all 4 went on.

OEM pads.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Just cleared 40K,tires at 29K,brakes and rotors around 24K by choice

·
Registered
309 Posts
Purchased at 24k 6months ago, now at 51k. Shaking in steering wheel on hard braking. Gonna change the front brake pads within the week..

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Wow, where do you guys go??? Even when I was living in the Bay Area, never got millage like this.

Just past the 10,000 mark will be my FX 2 year birthday next month.

Jim

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I'm at 44500; bought in November '03. New tires at 33K, new brakes a few hundred after that. No problems.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
...oops - - read the thread title too fast - - thought you were asking who's 40 years or older. :oops:

Anyway, FX is 1 year old with 10.5K miles...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
4tay said:
42K. Replaced all brakes and tires.
Nice of You to join the Party! ...where ya been? :shock: First Post.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts