Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't read the manual yet but I do remember the sales rep telling me that there's no need to change oil in my brand new car until mile 7500. Seems kinda weird to me since I've always changed the "break-in oil" way before the first 3000 miles. I've got 650 miles in her now so I've got a few months to go but I thought I'd ask you folks when you did your first oil change. I might as well as also if you have followed Infiniti's oil change frequency recommendation or if you change it more often.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Cant the local Nissan dealer service the FX? Their prices should be less expensive than at the Infiniti dealer. Anyone here take theirs to Nissan?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
3,500...typically you wanna wait till after your break in period.

·
Registered
37 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
I haven't read the manual yet but I do remember the sales rep telling me that there's no need to change oil in my brand new car until mile 7500. Seems kinda weird to me since I've always changed the "break-in oil" way before the first 3000 miles. I've got 650 miles in her now so I've got a few months to go but I thought I'd ask you folks when you did your first oil change. I might as well as also if you have followed Infiniti's oil change frequency recommendation or if you change it more often.
1 month 1750mi

Don't know how long the car was on the lot . She had 500 mi when I leased her.

Doesn't hurt to do it sooner than later.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I changed mine 2 months after I got mine at 1000 km.

Jim

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think they were finished in about 45 minutes. :shock:

·
Registered
443 Posts
i am planning to change my oil soon.

i gonna switch to synthtic mobil 1

do you know how many gallon or liter of oil for a oil change??

thank you

·
Registered
235 Posts
changed at 4000 miles and paid $34.99 at serramonte infiniti..too lazy to do it myself plus parts alone woultd be around $20 already including oil filter...

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I encourage early first change,but I could not get in until 3000 and changed to Mobil 1.You will see an improvement in mileage and you can go to synt as early as 5-750 mileson roller lifter motors.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
liug said:
i am planning to change my oil soon.

i gonna switch to synthtic mobil 1

do you know how many gallon or liter of oil for a oil change??

thank you
Capacity is 5 quarts, but they put in 4.8 Qt at oil change w/ filter (to account for the little left in the engine after draining). If you need pointers, look here for the DIY:
http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When switching to synthetic oil, is it important to get every drop of dino oil out? I plan on replacing the filter as well, of course, but there's always a little oil left. Is it OK to mix a little dino oil with the synthetic stuff? Sorry for the newbie question but I've never used synthetic oil in any of my cars.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Pefectly fine. I'm switching over to synthetic on my next change @ 7000.

·
Registered
848 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
When switching to synthetic oil, is it important to get every drop of dino oil out? I plan on replacing the filter as well, of course, but there's always a little oil left. Is it OK to mix a little dino oil with the synthetic stuff? Sorry for the newbie question but I've never used synthetic oil in any of my cars.
Well, my advice only comes with anecdotal evidence. I've switched at the first oil change on about six cars, and never worried about it...but then again, I've never kept my cars very long. I can't think of any reason why it would be a bad thing if there was still a little dino. :?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You can mix any ratio of synthetic and dino you like with no ill efects whatsoever. Heck, they sell the stuff (synthetic blend).

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I'm from the old school that says make the first change around 1000 miles. That's when engines were built before computers and not as clean as they are now. But I figured it can't hurt, even with an engine built this millennium (and I have oil change for life from the dealer). So, I got my first change at 1100, then at the first scheduled interval at 3750.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts