Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing a difficult time trying to safely remove the rear bumber but it is turning into a jigsaw puzzle. Can anyone please help me with this. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did quite a few times and if you never done it before, it's a pain in the arse especially if you don't have a service manual.

Here is quick overview of how it's done:

Note: I'm writing this on my desk and i'm trying to remember as much as I can without physically doing it as of right now so do not flame me if you still can't get the bumper off. Do it on your own risk. Try not to break any clips or use too much force. Try breathing if you get frustrated. This is not an actual order you should do it by. I'm just listing 10 steps in random ways since some steps should be performed in series.

1. remove all plastic clips under the bumpers including two small trays each side of the bumper.
2. remove all rear mud flaps.
3. unclip the rear wheel well trims. remove only the first two clips of the trims counting from the rear, don't take the whole thing off.
4. pop the hatch, there is 2 bolt each side under the rear lamp that holds the extension pieces.
5. Remember the extension pieces will stay on the bumper even it's removed. Basically it's part of the rear bumper. You can disassemble the extension pieces after the bumper is off, it's self explanitory after that.
6. inside the trunk area near each side of the wall where the owner manual box is at, there is a lid, open that with a flat head screw driver.
7. Inside that space, there is a long bolt which is 10mm gold color, unscrew those.
8. inside the same space if you look into it under the rear lamps, there is 2 plastic plugs sit vertically on each side, use a needle nose grip it and turn it clockwise. By doing so, the extension pieces will unclip. That is what hold the extension pieces some more.
9. under the edge the bumper on each side where the bumper meets the qaurter panel, there is a screw that holds the bumper, remove those.
10. You should now be able to pull the bumper out.

Like I said, I think that's all the screws, bolts, clips, and more clips. I seriously suggest to have a service manual handy just to verify where all the items are. But honestly, just use the manual as a verification because it's missing alot of procedures to guide through the entire process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.