Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, I had a chance to wash mine and wife's black Lexus together and noticed wife's had better black paint finish. It had less orange peel and was shiner after washed. My FX has been better taken care of though. Less scratches and better waxed.

For those of you who have black or even other color FXs, are you happy with Infiniti's paint job?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I hate noticeing every little chip, scatch, or flaw.

But.....

I love this car in Black :D I would not get another color if I had the option to.

I just work a little harder keeping it clean and shiny but with no regrets.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Ditto.

people have been complaining about the quality of Nissan/Infiniti paint since the Z came out in that it seems soft, chips easily, has more orange peel than some others, but what are you gonna do? The black isn't any worse than any other color; things are just more noticable on it. Personally, I don't see much orange peel in mine at all, but if viewed properly, you can see what look like water spots or something in places that aren't water spots; it's actually beneath the clear coat. Not sure what's up with that, but like I said, you have to view it just right and know what you are looking for. You can only work with what you are given and I know I take the best care of my paint that I can, so I don't worry about it too much. The quality of the paint was certainly not a deciding factor when I chose this car.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are right. Car itself is so pretty, so I should stop complaining about the paint.

Now I need to start to shop for Zaino... :wink:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Not just Infiniti ...

MustGoFastR said:
people have been complaining about the quality of Nissan/Infiniti paint since the Z came out in that it seems soft, chips easily ...
Not just Infiniti, folks in the acuramdx forums say the same thing.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
You know, it wasn't until you mentioned it that I looked at my DG paint and I do see that there are a lot of little scratches and nicks and stuff. I am pretty careful with my FX and basically drive it from home to work and back - it is garaged in both locations - so I'm not sure where the scratches come from.

&[email protected]%#%[email protected]#(!!!!!
:x

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Have you let the FX out of your sight , lately? (airport question)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Paint on my FX is better than any vette I have ever owned.

Orange peel for days.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Small portion of my front hood was repainted due to the "high flying concrete piece" and whole hood was reclearcoated.

Then, yesterday I noticed there are some wierd scratches(hurrican eye look like) and some water spot like patterns on the hood. :cry: This is supposed to reputable body shop but I think they did quicky job.

Let's see what they will say tomorrow. :evil:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Black for me is a love/hate relationship. I love it when it's clean and looking nice. Hate it when it comes to the maintenance. Thank God for beer.

Not only is the wifes FX black, but my truck is black and my daughters car is dark gray. I must be a real glutton for punishment.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I took my FX to bodyshop yesterday and they said they would redo the whole hood. There were too many scratches and they will rebuff.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
GEAUX said:
Paint on my FX is better than any vette I have ever owned.

Orange peel for days.
ditto. my previous 01 black C5 had nasty orange peel. Zaino helped but still noticeable.

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is my first black car and I'm having a hard time keeping it clean. My wife told me "You spend too much time cleaning the car than riding it!". :lol: But no regrets I love how the way it shines after using zaino. 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts