Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since our cars are either 4WD or AWD, how do they do in the snow on 20s and the stock M&S tires? I've read threads regarding swapping them out for real snow tires but I wonder if that's necessary for a one or two time trip to the mountains this winter. Is the stock set-up safe enough or should I look into 18s and snow tires. I live at sea level and my car will only see snow maybe twice every season.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
You'll be fine for those trips. Just drive with care & treat it like a RWD car at speeds over 15mph on snow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Recently we have had a lot of snow in NY/NJ area. The fx performed well in both snow mode and normal mode -- with VDC. However - only complaint was during turns -- the rear fishtailed out a bit -- wasnt going more than 10 on the turn...

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
the FX ATTESA AWD system is incredible....but with that said, its onl as good as the tires you are riding on.

20" tires are going to be much harder to control in snow than 18"s or smaller ones.

keep that in mind, take it slow and you'll be fine. AWD will come in handy when trying to move thru thick stuff and from icy parking areas too.

if you are in a hevay snow area like NY state, etc... then you might want to invest in some 18's

·
Registered
204 Posts
You will never get stuck if you are going straight.

Turning you have to take care, fresh snow and wide 20" tires don't mix well. Pretend it's a RWD car when turning and you will be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts