Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a pain find HID bulbs to fit my fog lights. If there is a kit where to I get it.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Moved by me.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It's expensive as a kit (ballast, bulb, wiring etc.) but you will get an exact match since the foglights will be true HID anywhere from 6000K, 8000K or even 10000K @ ~$400. I personally believe that the upgraded 7500K PIAA Plasma Super Spark Blues do a great job (close) @ ~$100, otherwise I would have definitely gone the HID route. Here's a good site to check out where I bought my Xetronic 8000K HID DS2 headlights. Take a look at what's involved as well as the many pics in the gallery.

http://www.hidexpress.com/

Also, do a search here for other peoples' insights and experience.

·
Registered
63 Posts
sorry to jump on your post but where did you guys get your PIAA spark blues from??

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey pray4snow:

MustGoFstR introduced us to Matrix racing here in the San Fernando Valley of CA.. for the Stealth Chrome/Amber turnsigs. Since I was looking for these rare Japanese market/imported 9006 bulbs I found out that they can obtain them in a matter of 2-3 days. My order elsewhere at 2 other sites had an ETA of nearly 45-60 days.

Hence, this is the best place to obtain them at a competitive price of $109.95/pair. The best I've seen is $99.95 although they don't have them in stock nor have a solid ETA. Direct link follows:

http://www.matrixracing.com/SBIPIAA+900 ... epCDep.htm

I have pics of mine with 8000K HIDs on another thread I posted. Please note that they are pretty close despite the imaging with a digital camera. It's a great upgrade which I'll be doing to my SL55 AMG in a matter of days in the version of 6000K HID/6000K PIAA fogs.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Currently I am trying to complete my install of the Philips 6000k HID for my fog light. The fit is fine but for some reason it keeps blowing a fuse or something, hope to have it figured out tonight and will see if they come close to the 10K head lights.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
RU_MATRX said:
Hey pray4snow:

MustGoFstR introduced us to Matrix racing here in the San Fernando Valley of CA.. for the Stealth Chrome/Amber turnsigs. Since I was looking for these rare Japanese market/imported 9006 bulbs I found out that they can obtain them in a matter of 2-3 days. My order elsewhere at 2 other sites had an ETA of nearly 45-60 days.

Hence, this is the best place to obtain them at a competitive price of $109.95/pair. The best I've seen is $99.95 although they don't have them in stock nor have a solid ETA. Direct link follows:

I have pics of mine with 8000K HIDs on another thread I posted. Please note that they are pretty close despite the imaging with a digital camera. It's a great upgrade which I'll be doing to my SL55 AMG in a matter of days in the version of 6000K HID/6000K PIAA fogs.
It appears that the Piaa Spark Blues are the most easily obtainable, closest match for 8 or 10k bulbs, but they aren't the hard to find, JDM bulbs that have been referred to before. Those are the PIAA Super Plasma Blues that MySweet45 has. Here's the reference:

My-Sweet45 said:
:lol: hello everyone, I hope every one had a wonderful weekend. As many members asked me about the fog lilght on my FX. Today I finally got a chance to look for the box. hehehe long delay. well, the good news first, it's a PIAA for sure. :lol: it's call
'Super Plasma Blue", and next to it are in JPness. From what I can make out of it, it simulates BMW's HID light. So there you go. And has a word "purple" on the top right corner of the box. Here is the bad news, this is the PIAA JP product, H-93 is the model. Love that tiny purplish look, not too much and just the right amount of purple. sorry that I took this long to find it. :lol:
Here's the thread w/ pics: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1292

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you guys want a view of the PIAA line-up from 2150K up 8000K, here's a good website to see the different super/plasma/xtrme names they use with pics. It can get a bit confusing when trying to search for and match the right Kelvin temp with model bulb name on most sites.
As you may know, if you go to PIAAs USA site there will be different nomenclature and availability vs. other products that you can obtain as Japanese imports from US distributors (via Internet).

http://www.hitechimportlighting.com/piaa.htm

·
Registered
63 Posts
yea, i bought the wrong ones
:roll:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the HID fog light advice

:D Thank you RU_Matrix and MustGoFastR for the advice. It has help me with the minor set back on my fog lights. The sites you gave me were great. Now all my friends want the site. But I tell them no, because they don't have and "FX".

·
Registered
832 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
RU_MATRX said:
Hey pray4snow:

I have pics of mine with 8000K HID's on another thread I posted. Please note that they are pretty close despite the imaging with a digital camera. It's a great upgrade which I'll be doing to my SL55 AMG in a matter of days in the version of 6000K HID/6000K PIAA fogs.
It appears that the Piaa Spark Blues are the most easily obtainable, closest match for 8 or 10k bulbs, but they aren't the hard to find, JDM bulbs that have been referred to before. Those are the PIAA Super Plasma Blues that MySweet45 has. Here's the reference:

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1292[/url][/quote:dq8epu30]

I'm confused :?
Are the Super Plasma GT-X the same as the Super Plasma Blue?

So which PIAA 9006 bulb matches (looks the best) with the 10K HID's?
Spark Blues or Super Plasma (GT-X) Blue?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, the problem is getting the Super Plasma Blues in the US. I believe they match the 10k HIDs the best. These are what MySweet45 is running that you can see in the thread referenced above.

This past weekend at out HFXA meet, we installed the Spark blues on GeoFX's ride. They have a bit of an aqua color to them. We compared them to both the 10k bulbs (very blue) and the Philips Ultinon 6k bulbs (more purpleish). The Spark blues were not a perfect match for either, but went better with the 6ks than the 10ks. Guess we should have taken pics as we were doing this, but maybe he'll post some up if he gets a chance.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Can someone tell me if these are the PIAA Super Plasma Blue Bulbs?

If they are, then I'm going to order them.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Not sure. MySweet45 should be able to tell.

What site did you find them on?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Dude, read the thread.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Anyone want my PIAA Spark Blues? PM me if interested.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dude, I did. Didn't know this was fresh alloy, just trying to help.

There is a ton of confusion on the PIAA bulbs because the names are so similar, he posted a pic of the Plasma Blue and I posted a pic of the Plasma spark blue, what's the problem?

PIAA also has a new spark blue with a temp rating of 8000k, but they are not yet available in our fog style.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sorry, just trying to avoid further confusion. The two posts above the pic he posted were discussing the difference between the two and which best matched the 10k HIDs. Based on this info, he obviously decided he wanted the Super Plasma blues and is looking for them and wants to know if the ones in the pic he posted are the same ones MySweet45 has. Telling him those are the wrong ones and that he wants the Spark Blues just throws it all into confusion again.

As I stated above, the Spark Blues do not match the 10k HIDs very well; they are a better match (though still don't MATCH) for the 6k Philips Ultinons. The only bulbs I have seen in pics and by description of their owner that are the best match for the 10k HIDs are the Super Plasma Blues, though only MySweet45 can confirm this for sure.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great, well let's clear it up one more step. The Spark Blues that were installed were the 7500k version, I am assuming?

Hopefully PIAA develops there new 8000k line for the 9006 soon so that we can test that!

Scott

1 - 20 of 32 Posts