Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First time posting. I have a 2004 fx35 touring package. I would like to add a overhead DVD monitor which has a built in FM wireless modulator. This way I don' have to run any wires. I was curious if the bracket for the dvd player is in the ceiling? If not, someone told me I may get sagging after a couple of years, because of the sun roof. If all I have to do is use the overhead lights wire for power I think I could do the install myself.

Thanks,

Mitch

P.S. Curious if the video harness is up there, as well.

This is what I want to add.\

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fGMXEwymjY ... MD1000#Tab

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed a Clarion unit in mine. There is a bracket already there (at least on mine) above the light and it already has holes drilled and threaded. It made the install very easy.

I went ahead and ran the FM modulator wires down to the factory DVD harness under the console and wired per other's suggestions here. Then I used one of the PAC units to balance the volume level with the CD and FM output. The sound is great and comes through the factory HU.

David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D Thank you...........

Is there anyone that has a dvd monitor with a built in FM wireless unit. With the wireless unit you are able to choose a certain channel on the radio and the audio comes through. I was curious how good the quality of the sound was.
Thanks,

Mitch

·
Registered
392 Posts
Umm...

Probably not good, sound trhough FM usually sucks, thats y I dumped my Griffin FM for my iPod

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Wireless sucks, don't do it. We have problems with wireless rf devices that are within inches of a head unit. With a unit that far away it can't be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts