Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my FX at the airport parking yesterday and founded out there were few new scratches. Not deep, just "normal" scratches.

Can I take care of these at home? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
topguy said:
I picked up my FX at the airport parking yesterday and founded out there were few new scratches. Not deep, just "normal" scratches.

Can I take care of these at home? Thanks.
Normal scratches :shock: Scratches are normal :?: :?
You can always try rubbing compound and waxing. I assume the scratches did not remove the color.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I don't babe my car like I used to. I already have 3 dings and few scratches but the bottom line is I just don't have enough time to play with car anymore. I usually use one of those touchless tournel washes and couldn't find time to do Zaino.

Thank you msu and I will try to stop by at a auto shop for rubbing compound and some decent wax. My waxes are at least 5-7 yrs old. :shock:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
If the scratches are in the clearcoat only, try Meguiar's Scratch-X. If they are fairly significant, it'll take a lot of elbow grease and you'll likely only be able to reduce their apearance, not completely eliminate them. I have a Griots Garage catalog that has a nice guide in it to various scratch types and what can be done about them, but I can't find it on their website. Meguire's is good stuff, though, and I usually follow it up with Kit Scratch Out, an even finer, very cheap and easily obtainable compound that really makes the paint like glass.

·
Registered
462 Posts
A little gas (petrol) and a soft cloth always works for me. Just banged into the side of mine and the gas trick took the scuffs out.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
If the scratches are in the clearcoat only, try Meguiar's Scratch-X.
I debadged my FX35 yesterday and scatched the paint in the process. As I searched here for way to fix it, I found this post and then raced to Advance Auto Parts to get some. WOW! What a difference! Thanks for the tip on this one!

You know, this forum contains so much good info, I am really thankful I found it. I just debadged, clayed, Zainoed my FX for the first time (I have been Zainoing my other vehicles for years) and them put the 20's back on. Thanks to the Scratch-X and waynestowels, the process went much better than it used to in the past. Life is much better now with that job done and a Heineken in my hand.!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.