Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have been researching vehicles for about 2 months and the FX35 was the perfect one for me. I love the feel of a car with the utility of an SUV. Overall outstanding piece of machinery.

I usually do not post messages, but I am so angry that I am now doing everything in my power to take business from Jim Coleman Infiniti in Bethesda, MD. They are the worst dealer I have ever seen. In fact, leasing my FX was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in dealing with any organization.

I started out calling around the Washington, DC area. There are 3 dealers in the area. I wanted a black 2004 FX35 with tech and touring.

I started out by offering $1500 below invoice, figuring that I wanted between $1000-1500 below in the end.

The first dealer said no and countered with $500 over. I said “no thanks, have a great day”.

The second dealer was Rosenthal Infiniti in Tyson’s Corners. They were very polite but denied knowing anything about the $1500 rebate. They still offered $500 under invoice, but they only had silver, which I didn’t want.

The third dealer was Jim Coleman in Bethesda. What I am about to write is 100% accurate:

I called and asked to speak with new car sales. I was greeted on the phone by a saleman and made my offer. He told me to hold on and he would get the sales manager. I got the manager and said hello and began to make my offer again. I BEGAN to ask for $1500 below invoice and was interrupted. He said “stop right there- there is no way you’re getting that deal. No one in the country will ever get that deal” (by now he was screaming). He continued yelling for about 3 minutes, saying there are no such thing as the rebates and I must be desperate for calling Maryland if I live in Virginia (The dealership is only about 10 miles away?!?!)

I told him there are many people on Edmunds.com that reported getting $1500 off or MORE. He called them liars, saying I was ignorant and foolish. I said “OK, don’t get offended, if you don’t want to do it just tell me no and have a good day”. The salesman was still screaming telling me how offended he was. Finally I said goodbye and hung up.

About 10 minutes later the original person called me back (remember I was handed off). He apologized for my treatment, saying that was uncalled for. He said to make it up to me, they would do the deal for $1000 under invoice.

Normally, I would have told them to take a hike, but they had the only black FX with tech and touring in the area, plus I really needed to purchase the car within a few days at most.

Now with this offer, I called the other two dealers. They both said absolutely no way to $1000 under. So now, I went back to Jim Coleman Infiniti.

I finally signed the deal with Jim Coleman infiniti, but it was at night, so I told them I had to come back the next day to inspect the FX and drive it off.

I came back the next day and they immediately brought me into the finance office. They told me they made a mistake and I could not have the deal I SIGNED the night before. They said they could only go $1000 under on a purchase, not a lease. (even though I had already signed the lease paperwork). They told me I had to buy the car if I wanted the same deal.

Now I was furious and said “you have 2 minutes to get the lease paperwork ready or I’m leaving”. I then got out my credit card and told them to refund my down payment and I was leaving.

They came back 2 minutes later and said, “OK, we’ll lose money on this car and give you the lease”. I was even more furious snow because obviously there was nothing wrong in the first place and they continued to lie about it.

I know many of you are asking why I leased the car after all this. Well, they had the color I wanted, plus $1000 off was still the best deal in the area. Also, I didn’t have a lot of time to travel outside the area.

So, now my goal is to warn you all about this terrible dealership. Stay away. I figure if I can take away one or two sales by providing this info, we’ll be equal. If you think I’m wrong, tell me and I will absolutely retract everything I wrote. Thanks.

PS- I will post a review of the FX in another post.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I would never reward such a dealer with my money regardless of if it was the only black FX in the country!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ditto!

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
topguy said:
Ditto, five times over! There is no way in #@!$ I would have given "Jim Coleman" any business after that experience. In fact, me and the Sales Manager would have had a little "Come to Jesus Meeting!"

That's unbelievable...

If there's a next time, call Quirk Infiniti (Braintree, MA) - - excellent sales department, and quite an inventory. They ship to anywhere in the U.S.!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Scheiße!

I can only imagine how they will treat you at the end of your lease...
:cussing:

·
Registered
320 Posts
You put your down payment on your credit card? :roll: and signed Before inpection of the vehicle? uh, next time I would make sure things are square before siging my name to any contract. Sorry for your bad deal...

·
Registered
114 Posts
"If there's a next time, call Quirk Infiniti (Braintree, MA) - - excellent sales department, and quite an inventory. They ship to anywhere in the U.S.! "

I bought mine at Quirk and got $2000 below invoice on a purchase. But they are by far the worst dealership in my opinion when it comes to service. I had an issue a week after purchase...3 weeks and a number of unreturned calls by the GM as well as Mr. Quirk himself i ended up fixing the issue myself (ended up being a simple fix i found online, they wanted to replace my entire radio w/ a refurbished one). The sales dept also did not know much about the car. they were reading the manual in front of me before explaining features when i went into pick it up. Three salesmen were also running around the car picking up crumpled up papers...I was also wiothout my car for a day when they looked at it and they didnt even bother washing it when i picked it up. I would deff not recomend this dealer for service to anyone in the Boston area.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Re: Horrible dealer experience- Jim Coleman Infinity, Maryla

ltmarks said:
Hello everyone,
I have been researching vehicles for about 2 months and the FX35 was the perfect one for me. I love the feel of a car with the utility of an SUV. Overall outstanding piece of machinery.
I presume you are referring to an '04.

PS: Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In case anyone was interested, here is an email I sent to the dealership and Infinity customer service. I'm not expecting anything, but it still feels good to write about it.

Mr. Bell,
since you both sent me letters asking to write you, I thought I'd take you up on your offer. I'll start by simply copying a post I made on an Infiniti owners website, then I'll add a few additional remarks at the end

START MESSAGE:
I usually do not post messages, but I am so angry that I have to tell you about Jim Coleman Infiniti in Bethesda, MD. They are the worst dealer I have ever seen. In fact, leasing my FX was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in dealing with any organization.

I started out calling around the Washington, DC area. There are 3 dealers in the area. I wanted a black 2004 FX35 with tech and touring.

I started out by offering $1500 below invoice, figuring that I wanted between $1000-1500 below in the end.

The first dealer said no and countered with $500 over. I said “no thanks, have a great day”.

The second dealer was Rosenthal Infiniti in Tyson’s Corners. They were very polite but denied knowing anything about the $1500 rebate. They still offered $500 under invoice, but they only had silver, which I didn’t want.

The third dealer was Jim Coleman in Bethesda. What I am about to write is 100% accurate:

I called and asked to speak with new car sales. I was greeted on the phone by a saleman and made my offer. He told me to hold on and he would get the sales manager. I got the manager, said hello and began to make my offer again. I BEGAN to ask for $1500 below invoice and was rudely interrupted. He said “stop right there- there is no way you’re getting that deal. No one in the country will ever get that deal” (by now he was screaming). He continued yelling for about 3 minutes, saying there are no such thing as the rebates and I must be desperate for calling Maryland if I live in Virginia (The dealership is only about 10 miles away?!?!)

I told him there are many people on Edmunds.com that reported getting $1500 off or MORE. He called them liars, saying I was ignorant and foolish. I said “OK, don’t get offended, if you don’t want to do it just tell me no and have a good day”. The salesman was still screaming, telling me how offended he was. Finally I said goodbye and hung up.

About 10 minutes later the original person called me back (remember I was handed off). He apologized for my treatment, saying that it was uncalled for. He said to make it up to me, they would do the deal for $1000 under invoice.

Normally, I would have told them to take a hike, but they had the only black FX with tech and touring in the area, plus I really needed to purchase the car within a few days at most.

Now with this offer, I called the other two dealers. They both said absolutely no way to $1000 under. So now, I went back to Jim Coleman Infiniti.

I finally signed the deal with Jim Coleman infiniti, but it was at night, so I told them I had to come back the next day to inspect the FX and drive it off.

I came back the next day and they immediately brought me into the finance office. They told me they made a mistake and I could not have the deal I SIGNED the night before. They said they could only go $1000 under on a purchase, not a lease. (even though I had already signed the lease paperwork). They told me I had to buy the car if I wanted the same deal.

Now I was furious but said calmly “you have 2 minutes to get the lease paperwork ready or I’m leaving”. I then got out my credit card and told them to refund my down payment and I was leaving.

They came back 2 minutes later and said, “OK, we’ll lose money on this car and give you the lease”. I was even more furious now because obviously there was nothing wrong in the first place and they continued to lie about it.

I know many of you are asking why I leased the car after all this. Well, they had the color I wanted, plus $1000 off was still the best deal in the area. Also, I didn’t have a lot of time to travel outside the area.
END MESSAGE

I want you to know that my actual experience was much worse than what I wrote. I understand you are a business and you have the right to make money- but screaming at customers??? Threatening to undo the deal after I already signed a lease??? and the worst is the continuous lies- even after I signed the lease!

My final commentg is that during both trips to the dealer- I was in my military uniform. I know the military is not a rare sight in Washington, but I do expect at least a little courtesy since I am defending your freedom to work in a free and capitalist country. I feel you took advantage of me because you knew I had to travel within just a few days and I needed to purchase the vehicle ASAP.

In conclusion, please do not offer to "make this right" with any monetary compensation. I do not want anyone to think that I am trying to get a free service or rebate from the dealer.

You should be hearing from Infiniti customer service about this and I look forward to hearing your comments.
sincerely,
William Marks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts