Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yes I have. Not sure what to replace them with though.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
There was a thread about this on FA a while back. An owner complained that his horn was too weak to be heard at speed on the highway by other drivers. His dealership rectified it by adding a low range horn from the QX4; just spliced it in with the existing two and mounted it nearby (there was an existing hole). This made the horn MUCH stronger and he was happy. He said he was able to get this done free of charge and that Infiniti recognized the issue. Not sure about that; several others inquired about it, but not sure if anyone else had it done.

You could always get the sports horn set for the 350Z; don't know if you want your FX to sound like a European sports car though. :wink:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
There was a thread about this on FA a while back. ... several others inquired about it, but not sure if anyone else had it done.
I tried to get it done, but never pressed on the issue. I'd brought in the FA posting and showed it to the service "incoming" guy (manager, I guess). Despite that, the tech hit the horn button, heard something, pronounced my horn "OK", and called it a day. No biggie, I was there for a periodic service anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MustGoFastR said:
You could always get the sports horn set for the 350Z; don't know if you want your FX to sound like a European sports car though. :wink:
I was thinking something like a Kenworth's air horn. j/k

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
particlefx said:
I was thinking something like a Kenworth's air horn. j/k
"Joke" my ass! One thing (OK; one thing of many- I can admit I'm irritable :)) that chaps my ass about Cali drivers is how nobody uses their horns much here. I've seen drivers sit at fresh greens for a full minute and folks just sit there in lemminglike silence. I won't even go into things like how not one, but two blonde bimbos in BMWs tried to come into my lane this morning on two separate occasions (and might have succeeded had I not laid on my horn).

Sheeeeit- I'm an East coaster, and due to wear out my horn any day now. If I improve the flow on the road, it's all worth it! I want a horn that'll wake the dead!

·
Registered
597 Posts
The reason Nu Yawk cabbies ride on their horns is because in their native (insert name )-Stans they are used to navigating between animals on the road. And since mules/goats/elephants don't much respond to turn signals or traffic lights-provided there are any-drivers have to constantly sound the horn not to overun them :mrgreen: .

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
particlefx said:
It's been said that one of the smallest measures of time is the time between a new green light to when a NYC driver honks his horn.
They honk if they see the cross traffic light turn yellow.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
kcrudup said:
MustGoFastR said:
There was a thread about this on FA a while back. ... several others inquired about it, but not sure if anyone else had it done.
I tried to get it done, but never pressed on the issue. I'd brought in the FA posting and showed it to the service "incoming" guy (manager, I guess). Despite that, the tech hit the horn button, heard something, pronounced my horn "OK", and called it a day. No biggie, I was there for a periodic service anyway.
The low note horn off the QX4 is $46.25 at Infiniti-parts.com if anybody wants to do it themselves; just splice the leads in with one of the existing horns and mount it someplace.

·
Registered
848 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
The low note horn off the QX4 is $46.25 at Infiniti-parts.com if anybody wants to do it themselves; just splice the leads in with one of the existing horns and mount it someplace.
Is the QX4 horn significantly louder? I've been giving some thought to looking for a JC Whitney upgrade...something to put a scare into small animals and children. :twisted:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You add it to the existing horns; supposed to make all the difference in the world.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts