Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our first FX.

Got to love this color, eh. When we got our first FX, it was a toss up between B16 and DG. My wife wanted B16, and I wanted DG. I finally caved in and got the B16. After a few months, I fell in love with the color so much that we did not consider anything else when we purchased our second FX. One thing still bothers me though. Whenever we were required to fill out a form about the car, we always needed to put down “brown” instead of “beryllium 16”. Brown just does not sound as sexy as Beryllium 16, however, whenever I put down B16, people always went “huh?”

Our first FX after wife drove it.

Our second FX.

After getting compensation from the insurance company, we had a chance to look at all the SUVs out in the market again before we get a replacement. Cars we test drove/looked at included BMW X5, VW Touareg, Acura MDX, Nissan Pathfinder, Audi Allroad, Land Rover LR3, Volvo XC70, and XC90. Could not convince my wife to go look at RX330, she hates the sissy look. But as you can see here, we came home with the exact same car. That must tell you something. There is just not an SUV out there that we rather have. There is just not an SUV out there that is more fun to drive.

Every one of us here are so lucky!!!

Cheers.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Congratulations...again!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
cmon' guys! ... doesnt this say enough :

"Our first FX after wife drove it. "

:lol:

·
Registered
832 Posts
yang said:
Got to love this color, eh. When we got our first FX, it was a toss up between B16 and DG. My wife wanted B16, and I wanted DG. I finally caved in and got the B16. After a few months, I fell in love with the color so much that we did not consider anything else when we purchased our second FX. One thing still bothers me though. Whenever we were required to fill out a form about the car, we always needed to put down “brown” instead of “beryllium 16”. Brown just does not sound as sexy as Beryllium 16, however, whenever I put down B16, people always went “huh?”
Very nice choice...again! :D

Funny my wife and I was in the same situation when we were deciding on which color FX, and she wanted B16 and I wanted DG. Looks like in both of our cases the wives were right...again! :lol:

I too feel like "brown" does not represent the FX correctly...I hate explaining that it isn't brown but Beryllium or B16.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Looking at that 3rd pic (your new one), brown certainly comes to mind.

When I first saw B16, it was a sunny day and it looked good. The second time I saw the vehicle, it was overcast, and frankly......it looked like a turd on wheels, kinda like that 3rd pic.

:lol: Sorry. (yeah, I know I'm a hater)

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your kindness. Wife is ok........... until she called and told me the news :twisted:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.