Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 FX35. I recently replaced my Genie garage door opener with a Chamberlain door opener. The Chamberlain opener was manufactured in March 2020, so it's new. I absolutely can not get my new door opener to pair up/program with the Home Link system in my FX. The Genie system worked fine. I have read where some automobiles require what is called a "Compatibility Bridge" to enable them to work with later door openers. I am familiar with the Compatibility Bridge and they can be had for $30.00 but don't want to buy one if I don't really need it. Does anyone have any knowledge about this situation ? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
your fx should be compatible with "newer" rolling code openers but the pairing method is different. what method of pairing have you tried?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris, I'm not sure how to answer your question. I'm following the instructions as per the owner's manual for my FX. My previous Genie door opener had rolling code and the HomeLink in the FX worked fine with it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have previously had to (in a buick, not infiniti) use a combination of the rolling code and other method clicking an existing opener. My openers are liftmasters from 2009

good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts