Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have read about this elsewhere and tried it, would you please explain it , so that we here may be better informed. (please move this if needed)

·
Registered
443 Posts
what does it do?

burnout?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That's what we're trying to figure out.

Piniti, can you hunt up the thread where it was discussed before and post a link here (just copy and past the URL of the other thread). I'm in the middle of my 10k bulb install.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you guys/ gals teach me how to do this, it' s about time i learn how, then we can loose this thread and re-post.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Just do a search for "VDC 10 sec" or "VDC button hold" or other variations thereof until you find the thread in the results. Once you arrive at the thread, just highlight the URL in your browser address bar, press CTRL+C to copy, then CTRL+V to paste it into a new post. This creates a link to the other thread.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Does anyone know what this does? As I'd posted on FA, I swear my manumatic shifts seem less delayed now, but I'm not sure if there's a butt-dyno difference.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I haven't tried it yet (keep forgetting); I'll try to remember to add it to the list of topics for this Sat's meet.

·
Registered
443 Posts
omg!!
i gotta try this!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
For everyone who is trying how did it go? I dont have my fx back yet so will not be able to try it till the weekend.

Jim

·
Registered
443 Posts
i will try it tomrorow

·
Registered
882 Posts
i guess best quick way to find out if this thing works is to do G-tech runs....hint hint :p

·
Registered
443 Posts
ok i tried it...

The system is not completely off. The Slip light still engaged..but rarely.

also.. it seems that the manual mode is more responsive.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
liug said:
it seems that the manual mode is more responsive.
Cool- I was starting to wonder if that was just in my head!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Also, this post (with links to related posts) on FA goes into more detail, but I don't know how much has carried over into the FX.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So this thread (9-'04) links to f/a thread, which links back to 2-17-03 thread, which links back to 9-16-02. Sounds like a never ending quest for truth, justice and....we need superman, underdog, spiderman, the lone ranger, cat woman (gender correct %) push button man........

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
From FA, which is a bit discouraging and makes me wonder if this is all for naught (but I swear Manumatic works better) or if it's been changed on the FX:

[quote:25w2xahd]I was told by the dealer when I bought my 6spd coupe that you can eliminate all aspects of the vdc (braking and power control) by pressing and holding the VDC button until the vdc off light extinguishes(about 10 seconds). I havent tested it but somebody try it and get back with us all.
I'm sorry, but your dealer misinformed you. This was discussed a few months back. If you press and hold the VDC button until the VDC off light extinguishes, then the system enters a failsafe mode where everything (VDC/TCS) is locked ON until the car is shutoff. This prevents an electrical short from disabling this safety system. [/quote:25w2xahd]
.. the thing is, that last line ("prevents a short from disabling it") seems to make sense.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I tried it yesterday and noticed no difference in performance or shifting. I did not try to induce the VDC to see if the statement quoted above is the case or not. We'll check it out at the meet tomorrow and report back.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i ran a few tests in my 35 AWD and no difference in shifts.:(

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
kcrudup said:
From FA, which is a bit discouraging and makes me wonder if this is all for naught (but I swear Manumatic works better) or if it's been changed on the FX:

[quote:2zdkul5d]I was told by the dealer when I bought my 6spd coupe that you can eliminate all aspects of the vdc (braking and power control) by pressing and holding the VDC button until the vdc off light extinguishes(about 10 seconds). I havent tested it but somebody try it and get back with us all.
I'm sorry, but your dealer misinformed you. This was discussed a few months back. If you press and hold the VDC button until the VDC off light extinguishes, then the system enters a failsafe mode where everything (VDC/TCS) is locked ON until the car is shutoff. This prevents an electrical short from disabling this safety system.
.. the thing is, that last line ("prevents a short from disabling it") seems to make sense.[/quote:2zdkul5d]

Problem is, he doesn't bother to back up his statement. Where did he get this info? I found the following in the service manual that supports that the system will disable until restarted under heavy abuse (as described in the FA thread that Kenny referenced above and what I referred to earlier):
The ABS warning lamp, VDC OFF indicator lamp, and SLIP indicator lamp might turn on when the vehicle
is subject to strong shaking or large vibration, such as when the vehicle is on a turn table or a ship while
the engine is running. In this case, restart the engine on a normal road, and if the ABS warning lamp, VDC
OFF indicator lamp, and SLIP indicator lamp turn off, there is no problem.
I could not, however find anything referring to the ten sec button hold and the light going back out. I'd ask the Z guys, but My350Z seems to be down at the moment.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts