Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I friend of mine just created a cool product called hide a plate. It is a unique product that allows you to make your plate dissapear and re-apear within a matter of seconds.. There are tons of applications for this.. espech... people living in toronto or any other toll highway that takes a pic of your plate.. if your interested log onto
http://www.hideaplate.com

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Interesting. A true godsend to bank robbers everywhere. :roll:

How much? Didn't see a price listed on the site.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i am a police officer.....you are all now busted!

:lol:

jk.....geez....i wonder what would happen if you got caught with this baby :shock:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
almost impossible to get caught with it... but it is really only for recreational purposes.. wink wink

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Based on other applications of this technology (ion-storage and electrochromic products) I would think shinning light on it would not make a difference. It's used in architecture for windows and even shower doors. In fact, did you know that you already have a device similar to this in your FX? You use it all the time. It is your rear view mirror. Additionally, I think it will probably start showing up on sunroofs before long too (especially if they keep getting bigger like the BMW X3). Imagine using it for your front windows too: you could tint them when you wanted, the color you wanted, and however much you wanted.

·
Registered
882 Posts
wouldn't work in Cali...very illegal

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
mushutofu said:
wouldn't work in Cali...very illegal
I dunno 'bout that- not only do I not sport my front plate, but I see folks with "plate protectors" on all the time (they're all yellowed, it seems).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts