Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Looks like they are not adjusted properly. I think there are screws near headlamps to adjust the level... I have not worked on this therefore cannot tell you exacly what to do; I can only give you a suggestion.
Kris

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
* Yes we can see that, by looking at the cutoff beam on the left wall, the light bulb on the passenger side is aiming way too high.
* Is it just off alignment or off focus? Do you still have 2 VERY sharp cut off beam?
* I don't think swaping the bulbs could get the housing off the elignment unless we weren't gentle with it. I'm assuming you did not re-adjust the height of the beam so let just leave that alone for now. My best guess is you probably did not have the bulb sits on the socket completely costing it off focus even though with the clip seems to be in lock down position, might want to take the bulb out and try it again. With the bulb on hand and the base of the bulb touches against the socket, rotate it around very lightly and slowly against the socket until it clicks then secure it with the clip...
* Can you take a pix of the car with the headlights on pointing at the wall? that'd help us alot understand what the problem is.
* You can learn more about it here too: http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/hid_ ... ersion.htm
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a problem like that when I changed my lights in my projector
headlights. It used H1 bulbs so it's a little different than your socket base type bulb. I had it in but was sitting wrong so the light output was cut off. I did it at night so I couldn't see that. Went back to work on it in the morning and saw that it was crooked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.