Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost....I'm so so sorry I have not been around for months. I really DO miss you all.

Second, the reason not around is my health and keeping business open. Recession made it to our town in summer, so I had to let my employees go. :( with that me and Jim have been running the shop, just the two of us. I was able to afford a new employee in dec.

Health wise, I just had 2 kidney stone removal procedures done, one before thanksgiving and one before Xmas. It was the size of 8-10 marbles. Did you know that this cost 23k a pop. I could have bought new car lol.

My fx just turned 105k and a friend thought I bought a new car, lol, I guess I'm keeping her up well.

Well, I wanted to say I miss you all and apologize for not being on.

Love, Sweet

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Damnn Dawn you seem to have the worst luck...

You're not missing much here. Seems to be dying down a bit. I see pretty much everywhere the internet forum scene is losing popularity with things like twitter and such that we have now.

I think people just visit here less frequently, myself included. Plus with the transition to the new site owners it seems to have caused some members who were on the fence spending time here to disappear. I know some have expressed dissatisfaction with the new site, and issues they have- I have passed problems onto the new admin with no response. I guess they aren't interested in its users- pretty sad...

Plus the FX crowd has changed as we all predicted from the type of members we once had to all the people that can now step into a FX for the same price as an econobox- diluting what we had as a community.

Yes my 145k FX still looks almost new as well, but at over 10 yrs old its not something I'm enthusiastic about anymore. I still love it, but have better things to focus on. I still check in daily and read posts and perform my mod duties where needed, but I don't see many of our regulars here anymore so its a different place.

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Hey guys,

How are things, are you still able to be active mods? We are releasing a new look for the site today and would love to keep you guys on board.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do my best to come to the site.

But my life right is in a big ball of crap.
1. got income support
2. lost income support
3. have to pay back income support
4. have to fine lawyer for disablity
5. got denied thru disability
6. owe hospital 40k
7. filing for medicaid
8. filing for indegent (sp) help
9. doing state audits for 2007 and 2008
10. getting screwed by state

So I am sorry I am not around much but i do try.
Miss you all,,
Dawn

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Was wondering who's still around...

Well, I'M finally back! LOL... a bit late to the party as usual... I had problems initially with my password... Really weird and it wouldn't let me in for over a week... I still checked in as a "Guest" but that didn't really help things... so after a while I got even busier with work and never had a chance to come back... But now I have a new job that actually allows me to have free time! Weird... Just checking back in to see what's been going on and if you guys still need me at all... I know it's been over a year... possibly close to 2... But I'll actually have time to work on my FX soon and be an active member on the boards again...

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Ive been lurking but not active like I used to. Lots of other things going on so dont spend much time here. I only popped in cause I saw some reported posts from spammers so came to do some clean up. Funny as the the posts I just deleted show they were deleted by dallace and Dat :serious Thought it was weird especially with Dats name on there (thought you disappeared into the career black hole :D). So I decided to pop into our hideout.

I also have noticed the site suggestions and complaints seem to fall on deaf ears with our new admins. I have had members tell me that, and I have experienced it too. That kinda disappoints me. Doesnt have the same feel as when Dallace was in charge....

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Hey all, look who's back! It's been way too long since I last visited the Org, unlike the old days where I used to frequent this place maybe 2 or 3 times per day. I have to admit, the reason I came back here was because I've been receiving the same emails all week because someone was reporting spam. Lol.....guess I'm still a moderator.

Just like the rest of you, life has continued along. I'm still working for the police department, but I just got assigned to the DEA task force down here. Sporting a nice beard now, and my g-ride is pretty nice (more about that in a moment). Alexander is turning 4 this month, and Max is 19 months. As for the cars, the wife and I are still sharing the 2006 Toyota 4Runner. And although I don't have my FX anymore, my g-ride is a fully loaded 2007 Infiniti M45, and the drug dealer who owned it for a short while put on ground effects, gunmetal 19" forged wheels, and a performance exhaust that I'm pretty sure has no cats (strong odor of unburnt fuel all the time and the service engine soon light is on, even when I reset it). Nice car, but I'm sure glad I'm not the one footing the bill for premium fuel in that thing! It's a gas guzzler!! Guess I've been spoiled by my fuel efficient, albeit numb, 4Runner that gets 21 mpg on regular.

I'd love to hear how the rest of you are doing.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts