Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a noob to the Forum, just wanted to say whats up!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a quick off topic question.....anyone here play Unreal Tounament??

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I play Call of Duty online pretty regularly. I didn't know UT was still active in the online circles.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Whats up and welcome.

Yeah, I play UT2003 when Im not playing PlanetSide

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, i played UT2003 nonstop till 2k4 came out....runs so much smoother.

Check out http://www.zarkclan.com they got some insane servers
maybe ill see ya on there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the forum, PrayforSnow. An FX driver from Long Island, and with a name like PrayforSnow.... I had to check to see if I didn't have another identity or something. I don't so much pray for snow these days, as I've been doing most of my skiing out west. After skiing upstate NY and Vermont for 20 years or so, I've taken a western trip for the past 8 winters - even driving out to the Rockies 4 times (in a Maxima, Pathfinder, and twice in the Lexus RX300). The last trip with my Lexus was cool - first we hit Taos, NM, then circled up into a loop of Colorado, hitting Mesa Verde Natl Park, Telluride, Breckenridge, Copper, Vail, Aspen Highlands, Snowmass, and Steamboat before coming home. There's still a couple mountains out there that I haven't hit, hehe, so later this winter I'm planning on driving out that way again - really will be fun to be on the road in my FX for a couple of weeks.

I read all the posts here about the 20" tires on snow, but I'm going to have to find out for myself. I took my Lexus up from SLC through Idaho, and over the Teton Pass in about a foot of snow already. I think I'll do just as well in the FX. Winter driving doesn't deter me. Maybe I'll get a set of clip on chains just in case.

Good luck with your new FX (I've had mine since July, and I love it more every day). Happy driving, and I hope you get good snow this winter. BTW, you a skier, or a boarder?

Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks like the number of Long Islanders is growing around here! Maybe someday we'll form our version of HFXA 8).

We could call it FXALI (pronounced FX Alley) :twisted:.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
You guys have already had meets, you just didn't know it. :( Bumper to bumper on the Southern State X-pressway & the L.I.E. :p

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
PrayForSnow said:
Sweet, i played UT2003 nonstop till 2k4 came out....runs so much smoother.

Check out http://www.zarkclan.com they got some insane servers
maybe ill see ya on there.
Sweet,

Thanks for the headsup.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahah, good one Piniti...very tru... Yes, i know, people think im crazy to "Prayforsnow" especially on Long Island. but i make my pilgrimage upstate every weekend. Im so jealouse of you WasRX...I planned my first trip out west last march then a week b4 i was supposed to go i ended up in the hospital with a heart infection :roll: but im goin to canada for new years, and planning a trip out to Tahoe for the spring...flying tho

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oops, forgot...Im a boarder :evil: hehe

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
PrayForSnow said:
Oops, forgot...Im a boarder :evil: hehe
Cool. Another Jibber. Welcome to the club. Where on the island are you? I could've sworn I've seen that plate around. I keep praying 4 snow but it doesn't work too well. We usually go to Utah and Whistler every year cause the east coast kinda sucks.
PINITI-FX said:
You guys have already had meets, you just didn't know it. Bumper to bumper on the Southern State X-pressway & the L.I.E.
Actually there was one Long Island meet that I know about, but it was just me and PhilP69 :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
You guys have already had meets, you just didn't know it. :( Bumper to bumper on the Southern State X-pressway & the L.I.E. :p
Good 1. I have it pretty easy these days - only 3 mi. from work and no LI distressway. I used to work in Rockland County. :shock:

johnmax said:
Actually there was one Long Island meet that I know about, but it was just me and PhilP69
And the remote starter is still going strong! Really starting to appreciate it with the cooler weather.

PrayForSnow said:
Yes, i know, people think im crazy to "Prayforsnow" especially on Long Island.
I love the snow. I made it a point to go out cruising in blizzards when I had my Explorer. :twisted: Have to see how the FX fares this season.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im in western Suffolk on the south shore.. i live right by Robert Moses Causeway..... I had that plate for over a year, and it was on my Tahoe, b4 i got the FX

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Ah ha. I am nearby in the Islip area. I think I remember seeing your Tahoe around.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i doubt much has changed since you left... Its still boring :roll: im dying to get outta here, been thinkin of movin to NorCal...Tahoe/Truckee area....we'll see what happens

Yea, im sure you've seen the tahoe b4 Big black truck, roof racks, bright ass lights, tearin ass through the streets....Thats me :twisted:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts