Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am not sure if this will work but finally I decided to try.

I remembered somebody mention that there is a rubber flap between the radiator and the intake side. So I removed that section and placed a flexible aluminum tube. It goes from the lower bumper(next to the fog light) all the way to the intake side. It is then connected to a heat shielded intake. I am going to take it for a spin to see if there is any difference. What do you guys think? Your opinion/idea/comment/improvement are welcome! :)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Love your aggressiveness, think we're all getting into the find me Some Mo air Flow fix. If it's sucessful, just use the black lawn & garden flex tube Must used in his pics. (more discreet) In Your pic. ^ above is there any way to run another flex tube off of the factory center air scoop area and tie into the one you already have in place by using a "Y" connector? [sort of like 2 into 1]

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Very nice. I thought of this placement as well, but didn't want to go removing parts before I knew if it did anything. How easy was it to remove that rubber flap and what's the procedure?

What intake is that? I was thinking this one would work quite well for what we're attempting:
http://www.bmcairfilters.com/infoCDA.asp

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It is quite easy to remove that rubber flap.

Remove the engine belly pan and also the smaller one next to it(that's how u get access to the foglight bulb). Then you will see the flap which is held with 2 screws/nails. I just break those off and because the flap is actually a one big piece all the way to the top, I did not cut it off(the working space is very very limited) but just folded it high enough to get tube to go through.

The intake I have is made by Ractive. It's an old filter from my old car. They come in several colors and the one I have is Carbon fiber look.

About another tube from the center air scoop area, acutally I took that piece out and surprised to see that the opening space is very small( a long thin opening). But maybe a good idea to add another tube there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts