• Wait

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a '04 45. The vehicle will not actually arrive until next Tuesday or Wednesday, but the dealer wants to do the paperwork on Monday (end of the month for Feburary). Here is the question the current 60 month finance rate is 2.9%. March is the "end of the year" for Infiniti and I would anticipate they sweeten the pot with financing and rebates. Would you go ahead and lock in on [email protected] 2.9% or roll the dice on a better rate for March and run the risk of loosing the 2.9%? Just wondering what your "crystal ball" tells you. TIA>

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
particlefx said:
End of the month for February isn't Sunday?

In any case, you might want to read this post.
Yea, Sunday is the last day of Feb, but Infiniti evidentily allows Monday as a "swing day" since the 29th is on a non-work day.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I dont sign anything "sight un-seen" unless the deal gets sweeter by signer today (like big freebies, free oil changes, trailer hitch, cargo cover, etc). Signing now helps him not you. We got 2.9 in oct 2003. One dealer told us infiniti always offers that rate for high credit score. What happens if you sign, (the dealer is all nice and happy, they make you feel you are the greatest) then your car arrives with a hugh ding or scratch on it. Then they turn into a big meanie and tell you, sorry that is what you bought and signed for. :twisted: No matter where I have bought my cars I always end up having 1 or 2 "we owe" slips.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
sunday is last day of month, it is leap year

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I've not researched this at all but if someone says that historically "the best (Infiniti) deals have always been during the month of march" and an Infiniti car salesman essentially says "that won't be true this year", then I'd go with historical precedence and wait. What are we talking about: ~$1000 savings? Also, do you really think the rate will go up in March? I doubt it since (historically) that is the only incentive Infiniti offers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
2.9% is available until end of March

I just bought my FX35 and got the 2.9% financing. If you check on edmunds.com, this incentive expires at the end of march. There is absolutely no reason to sign anything until you have had a test drive. BTW, my "new" car had a huge bolt stuck in one of the tires, and the dealer changed it, and left a little black scratch on the wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts