Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a easy way to get my 7443 LED bulb out of my headlight?

Let me explain...

I received my 15 LED 7443 bulbs from http://www.superbrightleds.com today and somehow the driver's side was a little loose when installing. The bulb came out of it's socket and fell into the headlight! I can feel the bulb with my index finger through the opening, but unable to get it out. I'm going to try using some long tweezers that I have at work...hope that works!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
stick with tape at the end. (chopsticks for us asians out there) :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
There was just a post where many people had the same issue. I made comments there as well. It sound like duct tape and an allen wrench worked well. That discussion started near the bottom of pg #1 and went to pg#2 with the same topic brought up by justpray4snow:

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... sc&start=0

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah. That sounds faster to retrieve the bulb and better for the housing but not so much for the LED :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
i rolled a piece of duct tape in a spiral so i got a kinda duct tape rod...then stuck it to the led...then pulled the led to the opening and got it out with a long pair of tweezers.....MacGuyver style :lol:

Then when i tryed doin it again, i crazy glued the bulbs into the sockets, hopfully that will hold :roll:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

I finally got it out after 3 tries following some of your suggestions...total of 2.5 hrs of frustration! :x

I ended up going to Pepboys and purchasing a retriever claw. It took me less than a minute to get it out...wished I have thought of it sooner.
I guess the right tool for the job will work every time! :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
You're all high-tech and fancy infx35! I may go check out this gadget at Pep Boys. Sounds handy just to have. Can you somehow attach baby wipes with rubber bands in order to clean the insides of the light assembly really well? I'm still seeking the best solution......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts