Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone have the instruction on how I can remove the broken pin that snapped off of my Monster-Cable RCA, now stuck in the left RCA input of the DVD aux input jack?

This is what happened:

My sister-in-law was sitting in the middle seat and accidental kicked the audio/video cable and snapped the center pin off of the left jack. Now it's stuck inside and I can't get it out.

Please help!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :D

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I was thinking perhaps a drill bit would be able to snag enough of the pin to be able to pull it back out, but then I remembered that the pin is probably solid so that won't work. I'm assuming you can't grab it with some needle-nose pliers or tweezers. How about if you took the panel off -- could you push it out from the other side? I'm just guessing here. Good luck.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all of your suggestions.

The pin is now pushed all the way in and is unable to get a grasp of it. It is not possible to get to it from the other side unless the DVD unit is taken out...I think?

I thought that I could push the broken pin through, but it has no opening on the other side :(

Need more suggestions...thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
You would not want to push it in, as it would be loose inside and short something out. Looks like you have to take the DVD player out and open it up.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
solder a wire to the exposed end of the pin and then yank it out.
Thats what I was thinking. . .and then I thought superglue, as long as your carefull or if you are really brave epoxy.

Good Luck

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
johnmax said:
You would not want to push it in, as it would be loose inside and short something out. Looks like you have to take the DVD player out and open it up.
The pin is already pushed in, but there seems to be something keeping it from going in any further. I've tried to put another rca jack into the jack, but the pin just stops it. The pin cannot be push through the other end.

I guess my only way of getting it out would be to open up the DVD player, but does anyone know how I should do this? Any instructions?

I'm hoping I can even get to the pin once I have the DVD player out, since the other end of the jack seems to be blocked.

HELP! :cry:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was able to remove the back panel off without any tools. I just grabbed the sides and pulled back. (No DVD player in my FX though)

Here are some pics plus the service manual stuff

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! The only problem now would be...how do I get into the DVD player to remove the pin without damaging the unit? I hope there is screws that just hold the cover on and I'll have access to the jacks!

Wish me luck. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts