Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrrroooohhhhaaa from Hawaii,
Hopefully someone can give me the quick info, searched two forums but need a little help with audio particularly the head unit.

2005 FX35 with Factory Bose but not tech package, no gps.
I have already moved the factor orange screen.

Installing an Alpine ALX-650 head unit which comes with RCA outputs for speakers and also of course wired output for speakers.

1. Since i have the Bose System and stock speakers (which i am NOT changing at the moment), do i utilize the new alpine head units RCA outputs since its pre-amp level?

2. Or do i the wired speaker connections from the new alpine unit?

There is a thread from another user who says to use the metra 7551 harness which changes the factory harness to RCA.

While Crutchfield has me selecting the metra 7550 which is using the regular wires.

This pic below is the 7551, which turn the factory harness into RCA inputs which would connect to my alpine RCA outputs.

This picture below is the 7550 harness which turns the factory harness into just regular wires but just labeled. This would connect to the alpine speaker wires (non rca) but only a measly 16 watts RMS from the Alpine head unit.

Please let me know whether to utilize the RCA outputs from the new alpine head unit or use the wired output for the speakers from the head unit. I'm not sure because i don't quite understand the Bose system and how its wired.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, the question is where is the Bose amp located.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram? If it's in the original head unit, you should use the RCAs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts