Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, relatively newish member here. I drove my FX from Colorado to Detroit to visit friends for a few days. It’s a 2010 FX35 AWD with 126K miles.

My transmission is acting up so I gotta get it resolved before I can drive home. I can go into details but my first question is asking for referrals for a transmission shop in/near Detroit. And hopefully somewhere with availability soon... 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Please provide a description of the symptoms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When in ‘Drive’, the car will suddenly feel like it’s in neutral and lose engagement (RPMs go up but car doesn’t move). Car still shows ‘D’ as gear. I tried shifting into sport mode so I could manually select a gear but it still showed ‘D’ after I pushed the lever left, and it didn’t show any numbered gears as normal when I shifted manually (forward to backward on the shift lever while in sport mode).

After pulling over, shifting into park, and restarting the car, everything goes back to normal. Until it randomly happens again when in Drive.

I had the transmission flushed about 5,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a Nissan dealer who looked at it and said the transmission needs a new valve body. Estimate is about $2,500 and parts won’t arrive until mid/late next week. I assume an independent shop could be cheaper but would not be able to get it done any faster.

Ouch for this repair bill. :sick::sick::sick:

But I drive this car hard and I want the fix to be done right (the first time) so I can continue to rely on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts