Infiniti FX Forum banner

Help me get an FX through an SVA test!

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  esemes 
#1 ·
As soon as i saw the FX i fell in love with it! wat a car! Problem is...i live in England and we dont even get Infiniti here! so ive decided to import an FX45. I know exactly wat i want but have a few questions if anyone can help me?!

1. Does the sat nav only work in america or does it have european roads on it? if not, is there a disc available, maybe from nissan?

2. All cars imported into the UK hav to b SVA tested. but to get it through the test i need to make modifications unless the car already has them. so....

Do the headlamps have an adjustment dial on them?

Does it have a rear fog light? tho i guess fog is rare out ther!

Is the speedo in mph or kph?

Does the FX have side indicators? maybe in the wing mirrors like a mercedes?

Does it even have a front number plate?

Does anyone know if the bose radio will work here on our frequencies?

If anyone can answer any of these questions i will be more than grateful!!

See less See more
#3 ·
konceptexclusiv...hi there!

You wont have many problems getting the FX35/45 through the SVA.
I know the SVA/ESVA requirements pretty well seeing lots of my frinds in the UK have imported GTRs and Evos from Japan. Basically you would just have to see if it comes with a rear fog light and the rest should be no problems at all.

The FX doesn't have the adjustable height xenons like Japanese market cars, its a ballast self levelling system so that is fine for the UK. Side indicators are the only problem I can think of. You might have to fit some...just get it done at a body shop and fit some Nissan lights.
You don't need the lights washer for the SVA...thats only in mainland Europe(not all EU countries at that)

On the US spec cars the speedo & odometer are in mph & there is a small scale Km/h inside the main mph scale. All the trip computer/navi functions are imperial or metric (you can choose).

Navigation will not work in Europe. There is a Swiss importer that is currently working on converting the system to work in Euorpe so it should not be long. Its only a matter of time I'm sure.

I'm in a similar boat to you with all of this. I'm trying to organize the purchase and import of a Canada-spec FX35 to Japan. Not easy I can tell you that much. Never even seen an FX in person...but I just love the way it looks and what I keep reading. It was either this or an X5...no choice there then!:lol:

#4 ·
DCD said:
konceptexclusiv...hi there!
The FX doesn't have the adjustable height xenons like Japanese market cars, its a ballast self levelling system so that is fine for the UK. :

My 03 FX35 non tech has a headlight height adjustment on the upper left side of steering console. You can lower the height if you load down the FX and your headlights are shinning into the oncomming trafic. It is not self leveling. I don't know about the tech model or the 04's

#8 ·
konceptexclusiv...in that case you will have to ditch the xenons for some halogen bulbs and disconnect the control switch. Thats how they do it on the R34 GTR. After you get the SVA certificate you can re-fit them. Best thing to do is let some US/Jap importer take care of all of this.

#9 ·
DCD said:
konceptexclusiv...in that case you will have to ditch the xenons for some halogen bulbs and disconnect the control switch. Thats how they do it on the R34 GTR. After you get the SVA certificate you can re-fit them. Best thing to do is let some US/Jap importer take care of all of this.

please explain the rationale to having a law dictate these types of lkights (versus our manual ones)

i like being able to adjust mine (gives me a mid-groundd beam, before i change to hi-beam shutter)

(of course, i burn 10K's, so they're pretty piercing and reflective as-is)...ddifferent topic, altogether

#10 ·
I'll explain. Its because the people that are responsible for making such pointelss and pathetic laws have no idea what the **** they are doing!! Absolutely no reason at all....I like having the option of adjusting my own xenon beams too. I assume its a decision taken to benefit the big boys in the car industries. The Chhamanz were the first to come up with the self-level ballast thing...same with that stupid pop out light washer that screws up half your car when you spray it!

#14 ·
DCD said:
yep converted by a Swiss importer. Great install, but pointless gadget
I agree! It messes up the Zaino every time i use it on my 330xi.

#15 ·
AfterFX said:
DCD said:
yep converted by a Swiss importer. Great install, but pointless gadget
I agree! It messes up the Zaino every time i use it on my 330xi.
I agree, my ML55AMG had the washers & I used them once. After that I'd just pull over & wipe down the lenses @ intervals unless it was really nasty outside & I was needing a wash job anyway.

#16 ·
esemes said:
(see the 0-1-2-3 switch on the upper LHS of the dash pod??)
quoting myself, for some reason........

the fx levelizer has four different clicks (think you can set it between them though, if you're careful)...but why i dont know

the MO has three different levels for the HID lense

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.