Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an accident a while back and has not been right ever since. after the repair i have had an engine mount, o2 sensor, and stabalizer link on 1 side replaced. my problem is that the car during 15-25 mph speeds over a consistently bumpy road will sound like the front of the fx is loose almost like the stabalizer link is gone but all the suspension components are tight and in perfect condition according to the dealer. problem is that i keep being told that the car is fine but i know that there is something wrong.
im wondering if this is the noise that some of you expeirienced due to loose fender bolts or if thats another type of noise. i am just fed up. i have taken this car to 3 different dealerships and either tell me its fine or that they cant find the noise. i cant take it someone help its a pain in the a$$ whenever i hear it. It just does not sound right. anyone with this expierience help me out, because i cant count on a dealer for this one and cant find a simmilar post.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
It is not unknown for a body shop(even dealer shop) to leave off or fail to fully tighten bolts/connectors and this could be the problem
You could pay someone lese to check it.
Worse is that the alignment may be off..first is more likely

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought it was the alignment earlier but had all tires replaced and alignment was done twice and every time it seemed the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I got my fx45 back in 2014, I had this popping and rumble noise that I spent 6 months trying to track down.Finally I just put the whole car on jack stands and started checking every nut and bolt under the car.I found that even though this car had been in Dallas it's whole life it had rusted 2 front subframe bolts that had at some point broken off.I was told that it was not fixable due to the bolts being put in the unibody sheetmetal when car was built.I fixed it(wasn't easy)but I have not had another issue with it since.Just so you know,I also chased all these so called loose fender and hidden sheetmetal bolts too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts