Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I bought my FX35 a couple months ago, and when it is raining hard or going through a touch free (no brushes) car wash, the sunroof leaks....

I have had it into the dealer for repairs 5 times... they have made adjustments, checked the gutters, and replaced the glass and seals.... no fix yet...

That and my gas tank doesnt fill up past 3/4 sometimes... (they replaced the tank once), the headlight switch to move the lights up and down doesnt work, and the interior dash lights dont work when the headlights are on (the radio controls)

So with all the problems, I decided I would go to the BBB, and I got my arbritration response back, and they want me to give infiniti another chance to repair it... but I would appreciate it if somebody can go through a touch free car wash, open the cover (not the glass obviously, lol) and towards the rear of the glass, check if it is leaking.

Please!!!

I would just go to another Infiniti dealer and test drive another FX and try myself; however, this is the only Infiniti dealer in probably a 100 mile radius.

I appreciate your help!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I haven't gone through any carwashes but have throughly checked my the trays underneath my sunroof after I have washed and after it has rained. The reason I have checked is because if you look at the rubber seal around the outside of the sunroof you can see that it is not a "tight" fit. So therefore I was concerned about leakage. I have none however. You can run your fingers inside those trays (or paper towel) to determine if they are getting wet. Mine are not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually only get leaks when there is medium water pressure... I usually wash my car by hand...so I dont have the problem, but come winter im not going to freeze to wash my car :-D... and I dont want to go through the car washes with brushes because they leave swirl marks all over the paint... the touch free has been our lexus rx300's friend, and the 04' acura tsx's friend...

hmm :-\

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use the touch less car wash many times, didn't notice any leak through the sunroof, I'm going to wash it this weekend and I'll check on it again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My-Sweet45 said:
I use the touch less car wash many times, didn't notice any leak through the sunroof, I'm going to wash it this weekend and I'll check on it again.

I notice only a few dribbles inside the car on the dash (at first, now its getting worse) but when i put my hand in that area...towards the rear seal, i can feel water all over the place... sad :-\

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sensei said:
Sorry to hear about all the problems you're having. Hope you can get your situation resolved with the dealer. Best of luck.
Thank you. I am fairly confident that they can fix everything - except the sunroof, the most critical. I am going to accept the arbritrators decision to have a NNA factory trained technician fix the car. I believe they will have 30 days from this coming monday to repair the leaking, and if it leaks after that, I can open the case up again for the arbritrator to look at. If that fails, then I am stuck with a 45k car that leaks water :(.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've used two different touch free washes around 15-20 times over the last year & a half. Never had a drop, and I've usually got the shade slid back. Sorry to hear about your troubles. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FromHereToInfiniti said:
I've used two different touch free washes around 15-20 times over the last year & a half. Never had a drop, and I've usually got the shade slid back. Sorry to hear about your troubles. :(
Thanks for the info... I am happy that its not all the FX's.

I have tried three different touch free washes and it has the problem... Also when the arbritrator wanted to go through a wash we went through a brush wash, and it leaked also... but that was a first to go through a brush wash... i like to avoid them.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Before you go in next time, push that button above you that has an arrow pointing forward. j/k Your car is telling you to just say No and use Zaino! :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Its been raining very very hard on and off for the past 2 months and so far no leaks.

jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My-Sweet45 said:
just took the car to the touch less car wash, checked the spot and found no leaks.

Thanks for all your help. At this point I am so frustrated with them, I almost hope they fail and I get my money back. Who knows what is going to happen later down the line... mold will start showing up on the headliner from the water? Rust forming?

:-\ sad because its such an awesome car... my only complaints are that it doesnt have bluetooth, and im not a fan on the orange lighting, i prefer blue or cathode guages... but those are only minor details!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
vp911 said:
FromHereToInfiniti said:

I have tried three different touch free washes and it has the problem... Also when the arbritrator wanted to go through a wash we went through a brush wash, and it leaked also... but that was a first to go through a brush wash... i like to avoid them.
try fully opening the roof (slide back) and then closing it before the wash...as opposed to just venting it and then closing it. some people have mentioned that, after they close the roof, they get more wind noise while driving when they vent and then close the roof as opposed to sliding it open and then closing it. maybe the seal is not being made as well by closing the roof from vent

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bradical said:
vp911 said:
FromHereToInfiniti said:

try fully opening the roof (slide back) and then closing it before the wash...as opposed to just venting it and then closing it. some people have mentioned that, after they close the roof, they get more wind noise while driving when they vent and then close the roof as opposed to sliding it open and then closing it. maybe the seal is not being made as well by closing the roof from vent

I tried already :-\... aside from that I usually dont ever open it for just venting... i usually open it all the way... but i suppose i will give them their supposed "final" opportunity to repair the car... and if they fix it great...if not... well grrr ill just keep fighting to get it fixed/repurchased...

thanks again :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
no it wont leak in any wash I have ever been through. dont let them tell you otherwise

·
Registered
18 Posts
get in touch with a lemon law attorney. they know the in and out of what needs to be done. every state has it own laws. i am in georgia and got rid of a lemon audi allroad thru the lemon law. if you ahve any questions give me a yell.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will look for a good lemon law lawyer once the BBB thing is done. I just went to the arbitrator today, I got a funny feeling that he was going to ask for a 3rd party technical expert to look at the car before making a decision.

So far they have repaired the sunroof 6 times, and still leaking. FUN stuff. Hopefully he will just side with me and make them repurchase it.

It is dissapointing to have a $40k+ car with so many problems, no more Nissan/Infiniti for me :-\

1 - 20 of 25 Posts