Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, board! I've done some searches but haven't found the specific info I need...

I've just replaced the tires, and I'm pretty certain I need at least one front wheel bearing replaced. I can do this work myself (I've changed calipers & rotors on this car), but I need to get some tips from those who have done it; particularly, what's the size of the bearing lock nut? I've found a Timken part # HA590125 for around $160, and believe that to be all I need (aside from the lock nut socket).

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: if it matters, my FX is RWD...

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I don't remember but I think its like a 24 or 27mm or something. Did you look in the other wheel bearing threads? someone may have mentioned it there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK--if anyone was curious, it's a 32mm nut. I've just got off the phone with the local dealer's service department. 24/27mm is close to an inch; I knew it was bigger than that.

I've got the bearing & will probably be changing it out this weekend...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, nevermind... there is no front hub lock nut. I don't know what the dealership was referring to, but they steered me wrong (no pun intended). I replaced the front hub on Saturday, and it probably took less time than replacing a rotor & pads overall. I removed the front wheel, then the caliper (2 bolts) then the caliper carrier (2 bolts). Four bolts in the back hold the hub on; one small bolt holds the ABS sensor into the hub. Pull the hub out, replace (with correct orientation for the ABS sensor slot), reassemble. It was less than a two-hour job once I had the right sockets together. If you can change your brakes, you can easily change the front hub & bearing assembly on this vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Nice post. Very helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts