Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm this close to deciding on an '05 FX35. My dealer's got exactly what I want in stock and is giving me a reasonable deal ($800 over invoice, and decent trade-in value on my old car). But now I'm hearing rumors of big changes in the '06 FX - specifically changes to the interior to make it more inline with the '06 M. Frankly, I think the interior design of the FX is its weakest point, although I love the vehicle for many other reasons (exterior appearance, performance, etc.). Anyway, just wondering how real these '06 changes are and what people's thoughts are on waiting or buying now. I love the current FX, but will be bummed if the interior gets a major facelift a few months from now.

·
Registered
527 Posts
where did you hear about these changes for the 06 FX? Do you have a link to this?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
so far there have been _no_ established reports of any changes for 06. there is the good possiblity that there may be no real changes in 06.

look at the G35. it came out in late 2002. it went for over 2 years with the same trim and then had a minor set of interior enhancements after the 2.5 year mark (like the FX did). the G is not scheduled to have a revamp until 07 model year i believe so i would think the FX would be running along the same lines.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I would say go for the '05. Or you will waiting a long time for the '06.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where did you hear about these changes for the 06 FX? Do you have a link to this?
I recently read it on another FX forum. Let me emphasize that this was not based on anything official from Infiniti, just speculation/rumors from other FX enthusiasts. But I gave it some credence based on how long the FX has been available in its current incarnation, and the fact that I'm paranoid about my brand new $45K car being the 'old design' in 6 months :D

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Well, here is my speculation...

2003 and 2004 were the same

2005 and 2006 should be the same
(new changes were: no laser red, new sappire blue, seats and dash a bit different, now comes with cover in trunk, grill, headlights and tail lights)

Maybe 2007 and 2008 would be the same as well with new changes

·
Registered
319 Posts
If the '06 has any interior changes it will be to the engine bay now that there will be a 390hp Trailblazer SS, and a 415hp 6.1 litre Hemi Jeep Cherokee.

Starting to feel like the late 60's again with all this horsepower

·
Registered
527 Posts
BirdMan said:
Starting to feel like the late 60's again with all this horsepower
Bring back the 60's gas prices :cry:

·
Premium Member
256 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
I went with an 05 FX35. Price was right, and all the kinks are out, if there were any, like the seats. Anyway, how does $300- below invoice @ 2.9% for 60 months on a granite w/ graphite? FX had 14 miles clocked on it when I took delivery. I think I scored.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Very nice...obviously you didn't deal in Austin for that Infiniti. Got an email from them saying they'd sell me an FX35 RWD with cargo mat protector, roof rails, splashguards, sport package, technology package, touring, window tint, wheel locks, xm radio, and Tow hitch for...drum roll please...

46K plut TTL...almost fell outta my chair when I saw that. I'm heading to Grubbs to get one with all of that plus DVD for 300 under invoice.

·
Registered
277 Posts
dealers get factory kick backs on vehicles so 300 below invoice isnt exactly good. With that low of a rate at 2.9% they dont usually do that unless you are paying close to list for the vehicle. Here is some information - the 03 FX45's loaded are going for 32- 34k tops at auction , 04's 36k tops , 05 38k. one of my friends sells used cars and has a black book/ attends auctions. I did all the math out before I bought mine. What did you end up paying?

·
Registered
527 Posts
So you're saying 300 under invoice isn't good? I know about the kick backs and the back end invoicing that goes on. But to get beyond 300 below invoice would take more effort/waiting. And really how much lower would they go now? I don't think much more.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Total price for '05 35 RWD w/ Touring (14 miles clocked) came to 34.9 and that included destination. Now I didnt do a ton of research and my buying decision was a matter of a couple of days. I was told that the 2.9% was possiblly changing in April, so I jumped on it. Based on the few phone calls I made around it seemed like a pretty fair deal. You think I could have done much better?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
i understand if ur waiting for the M's navigation maybe, but the interior is already so nice i don't really understand what changes you want...

no one has been able to articulate any interior changes that I know of that make sense, I just keep hearing people saying it feels cheap, but I dunno why :?

I'm comparing to a 645ci, cayanne, range rover, 850is, etc. I don't get it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.