Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Im a proud new owner of a black on black 04 FX45 and I must say, I love it. I had to get rid of my Mercedes ML and couldnt pass up on the car after a test drive taking turns at 40mph. I have a quick question though, the dealer had already drilled a front plate holder into the bumper and I really want to take it off. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of getting screw caps after removing the holder and just leaving the screws in. Has anyone else done this? Anyone in Dallas area know of where I can get this beast tinted? thanks ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome to the club :D

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the ORG.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Drillteeth said:
Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of getting screw caps after removing the holder and just leaving the screws in. Has anyone else done this?
One option would be to get some plugs to fill the holes:

http://www.bumperplugs.com/

Oh, and welcome to the org!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
I got mine tinted at Protint at Preston/Sunnyvale. They also do a bunch of dealership tints so they know what they are doing.

Where did you buy from?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Drillteeth said:
Hello everyone, Im a proud new owner of a black on black 04 FX45 and I must say, I love it. I had to get rid of my Mercedes ML and couldnt pass up on the car after a test drive taking turns at 40mph. I have a quick question though, the dealer had already drilled a front plate holder into the bumper and I really want to take it off. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of getting screw caps after removing the holder and just leaving the screws in. Has anyone else done this? Anyone in Dallas area know of where I can get this beast tinted? thanks ahead of time.
First welcome to the group.

Second, what do you plan on doing with the mandatory front plate? You do know the ticket is pretty steep here in Texas?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Drillteeth...U a Dentist? Welcome to the group...I suggest Pro Tint in Plano ask for Claudio or Kelly...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, I'm a new dentist in town.. I got the car from Sewell and Im real happy with the service... then again, Iv only delt with them for a few days. I was actualy just planing to pay the tickit if it ever comes.. a lot of people say that they havn't had a problem with it... what do you Dallas guys think? How much is the ticket? Thanks for the advice on the tint and all the welcomes. If anyone needs dental advice, dont be shy to ask!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I havent had a front plate on any of my vehicles in over 10 years. You guys closer to Plano/Richardson (in DFW)might be better off to have em on...I 've heard that they watch for that.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
WELCOME,

Looks like we have the same ride!

I had the holes as well. I took it to my service advisor and he swapped the front bumper with one that had just come in. Maybe ask if you can do the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts