Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I hope someone can help my with this case. So I bought an FX50 2012 with VK50VE V8 engine (I'm from Europe so sorry about my poor language) and not long after the purchase I found out the engine has cylinder head problems because there was a crack in one of the heads' spark plug thread. Of course his has been found out after the shop took out the engine and disassemble everything. They said no worries because it is a repairable thing however because the engine is aluminium both the heads and block should have been shaved (I don't know the right world for it when the unevenness is straighten out). The thing is basically every rotating part will be changed and all of these are fine by me because I want it to be perfect even this is already costing me a fortune so far. Here comes the tricky part. They said that because of the new timing a special adjustment is needed and it is possible that the old head gaskets won't fit this and they have to be replaced. I have not found any information about this special adjustment but just about the timing and nothing else. Do anyone knows about this? Because I feel now I'm being fooled and they just want me to buy new gaskets. I already waited for too long and spend way too much money on this and I'm just running out of patience. I will ask the service again of course but until that I'm trying to gather information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts